LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

We were in our dealership on Friday for an oil change on Scooby Too's Legacy...the staff were pushing really hard on trying to sell us an Ascent as well ;)

With premium gas at just under $7.00 a gallon here, there won't be anymore turbo cars in our garage :(

We were in our dealership on Friday for an oil change on Scooby Too's Legacy...the staff were pushing really hard on trying to sell us an Ascent as well ;)

With premium gas at just under $7.00 a gallon here, there won't be anymore turbo cars in our garage :(

...the FA24 in the Ascent is tuned to run 87. We'll see how long ours stays that way :)

Well when the weather warms up it time to replace a growling wheel bearing.

Should I get it from Subaru or something off Rock Auto list https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,2011,legacy,3.6l+h6,1446526,brake+&+wheel+hub,wheel+bearing+&+hub+assembly,1636

Probably giving the car to our Daughter so fixing it once is the only concern.

Thanks for your input.

I asked the service manager about the required gas.....he says they will definitely need premium...91 or better...... maybe they are just covering there asses ;)

Or they are ignorant...all direct injected subies can run regular from what I have read. The Ascent definitely can.
This.

Is it optimal? Far from, but the Hitachi-ECU knock prevention strategy is setup such that it will handle AKI87, low quality fuel.... it just won't be too happy about it.

In fact the FA16DIT, FA20DITs are not happy when running E10 AKI91 either

and not too thrilled with E10 AKI93 either. E0 AKI93 or E0 AKI95 would be better, but practical use of those is harder than finding a 2012 USDM LGT.

The only way to keep FKC and FLKC at bay and RC to stop constantly mocking around with IAM on these cars is a good tune combined with some type of higher E blend (say E30 or E50 or something). Not something I'd personally consider though.

E0 AKI93 or E10 AKI93 and deal with the PKC, FKC/FLKC and IAM fluctuations. So long as AF error and Boost error look reasonable, its just the way these cars handle knock sensor input.

This.

Is it optimal? Far from, but the Hitachi-ECU knock prevention strategy is setup such that it will handle AKI87, low quality fuel.... it just won't be too happy about it.

In fact the FA16DIT, FA20DITs are not happy when running E10 AKI91 either

and not too thrilled with E10 AKI93 either. E0 AKI93 or E0 AKI95 would be better, but practical use of those is harder than finding a 2012 USDM LGT.

The only way to keep FKC and FLKC at bay and RC to stop constantly mocking around with IAM on these cars is a good tune combined with some type of higher E blend (say E30 or E50 or something). Not something I'd personally consider though.

E0 AKI93 or E10 AKI93 and deal with the PKC, FKC/FLKC and IAM fluctuations. So long as AF error and Boost error look reasonable, its just the way these cars handle knock sensor input.

I think you win "the most acronyms in a post" award. :lol:

So the wife and I got 30 years of "bad news" today. I kid it's actually great news! As some of you may recall we have been house shopping for a while but just really started veiwing homes after Christmas. We were starting to get frustrated because everything that was move in ready, in the location we wanted, fit our needs and our budget, would always sell before we could even veiw them due to our work schedules only giving us 2 weekends a month to do viewings. So I had 9 days PTO left over from last year and figured I would go ahead and use them to try and get quite a few viewings in over the 12 day period. So last Thursday I happen to see this place show up on Zillow and the realtor we had been working with the few weeks prior was just to slow getting viewings set up and I knew this place would go quick like the others had. So I called the listing agent instead and got a veiwing setup for the next day (Friday) when the misses got off and by the time we got there 2 offers were already in and 4 people showed up (un scheduled) while we were in the middle of viewing and even asked if they could come in...smh... So we put our offer in immediately after we looked it over because we knew another one wouldn't come up like this. Of course we had some other viewing setup over the weekend just as a fall back plan and they turned out to be lemons. So 1 more day goes by (Saturday now) and 2 more offers came in and of course the seller wanted best offer, so the bidding war began. We ended up with our final offer close to asking price but the apprasial was 25k more then asking price so it wasn't terrible. Then we had to get the pre-approval letter from our credit union, then 3 hours later the realtor called and said they accepted our offer. All in all it had everything we wanted and then some. Well everything but a garage, however it has a 2 car car port and there's enough room on the 1 acre lot to move that somewhere else and make a single car detached garage and then build a 2 car/frog attached garage. So now thats done hopefully by fall I can start planning and gathering parts for an engine/stage 2 build!

I'm the worst when it comes to big purchases that involved really competitive choices. I spend days thinking about it, and then spends days after ordering on if I should change my mind or not.

By the way, does anyone have any concerns with 2 piece wheels? Asking for a friend, so completely unrelated.

Edited by Ellesedil

We have barely had any snow this winter, or last year. KC weather is weird also. We have not gotten a good snow since the winter of 13-14. That just so happens to be the reason we got Subarus.

My parents live in NH and I've been giving them a hard time. Yesterday, it was 60 and sunny out here in PDX.

My sister called me from Beaverton/Hillsboro area yesterday and giving me a hard time about the weather :rolleyes:. She is flying in next week and I'm crossing my finger it will be cold/snowing when she arrive.

Just doubting myself, ...

Can I install my charge pipe and full recirc bpv without tuning?.. I'm thinking yes, but am doubting myself.

Yes... although a tune would optimize any gains.