LegacyGT.com

how to pull dash?

Glenn

I have a bad dash rattle on upper left coner. It goes away when applying pressure. The dealer however doesn't know what to do. How can I pull the dash and put a rubber gasket between the main dash and the small dash that incorporates the defroster vent?

hah.. yeah after I fixed some of my rattles others appeared. I at least pinpointed it to the clips all along the back.. It just doesn't sit snugly. Stuffing some foam near the windshield very temporary solution.. Eventually everything loosens up and the dash taps against those clips again. I was thinking about having Subaru do it.. but I think I'm just asking for a huge headache.

I have a metalic vibration sound coming from that corner (maybe in the door, can't tell) only happens around 3K tho....

try applying pressure on the left A/C vent, if it makes the noise you're hearing then its the A/C vent's cover. I had that rattle and it was killing me, my dealer fixed it after I showed them where it was coming from.

My dealer advised me not to have them try to fix my rattle, said it would only create more rattles in the long run. That's ok, I can't hear it anymore because I am deaf, play my music too loud and my turboback drowns it out.

Archived