LegacyGT.com

Fixed Buzz/Rattle!

I've been having a buzz/rattle when decellerating and accelerating right behind the drivers dash....kinda right behind the drivers air vent. I have been looking for it under the dash. Some people have reported that the fuel lines have been rubbing together at the firewall, and SOA knows about it....well I didn't think that was it but.... Just got it back from the dealer....and....the 3 fuel lines were rubbing together at the firewall on the drivers side. FIXED! They stuffed foam rubber between them and wala....FIXED! No more ANNOYING buzz.... The Subaru tech said this is the 4th Legacy that had complained about the buzz problem, and all were the fuel lines. SOA is coming out with an official grommet soon as apparently the WRX had similar problems with theirs. Mark

My car has buzzing, and it's been to the shop twice for it: 1st time: They moved the fuel lines.....still had buzzing 2nd time: They put foam all over the place....still had buzzing. (Then the foam pieces slowly popped out from under the dash over the following week). I'm getting quite frustrated with this.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='X-RAY']hey gosix what dealer are you going to in abq for service? is it the same dealer you brought the car from..xray[/QUOTE] Garcia Subaru in Albuquerque on Lomas, between Louisiana and Wyoming. I would go to Galles, but Garcia gives me a loaner car.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='frontrangeSubie']I've been having a buzz/rattle when decellerating and accelerating right behind the drivers dash....kinda right behind the drivers air vent. I have been looking for it under the dash. Some people have reported that the fuel lines have been rubbing together at the firewall, and SOA knows about it....well I didn't think that was it but.... Just got it back from the dealer....and....the 3 fuel lines were rubbing together at the firewall on the drivers side. FIXED! They stuffed foam rubber between them and wala....FIXED! No more ANNOYING buzz.... The Subaru tech said this is the 4th Legacy that had complained about the buzz problem, and all were the fuel lines. SOA is coming out with an official grommet soon as apparently the WRX had similar problems with theirs. Mark[/QUOTE] Funny you mentioned the fuel line problem...the older 02 wrx had major fuel line problems that Subaru refuses to do a recall on. What happens is that when outside temps dip below 30 or 20 degrees the hoses shrink and there is a massive raw fuel smell that permeates into the cabin when you turn on the heater. In some cases the fuel actual leaks from the hoses. What is up with building cars with shoddy fuel lines?

[quote name='Siorange']Funny you mentioned the fuel line problem...the older 02 wrx had major fuel line problems that Subaru refuses to do a recall on. What happens is that when outside temps dip below 30 or 20 degrees the hoses shrink and there is a massive raw fuel smell that permeates into the cabin when you turn on the heater. In some cases the fuel actual leaks from the hoses. What is up with building cars with shoddy fuel lines?[/QUOTE] What planet are you on? There was a recall on this announced in 2002! Craig

[quote name='c_hunter']What planet are you on? There was a recall on this announced in 2002! Craig[/QUOTE] There was no recall, only a TSB. The NHTSA (sp?) opened an investigation and apparently found that there was no danger with the leak...(dont' know how that's possible when a hose is leaking fuel in the engine)... Subaru will only cover it under the 3yr/36K warranty but not the 60K powertrain one.

• 5 months later...

Archived