LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

That's it really? And then just adjust the beam angle?

Edit: well I guess there is still the 'pull apart headlight' which requires that baking step right?

I mean, that's all I did. And fur pulling apart the headlights, all I used was a heat gun to relax the glue, then reheat the glue before reassembling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been MIA from LGT.com for some time, but still have my spec.B. I've had all my JDM parts in the garage for a couple years after some help from valleylegacy, but got sidetracked with a 3rd gen 4runner sport edition, and projects associated with it.

Just got back from paint and been assembling what I can while I work on detailing the car. I had my JDM Rev. A-C GT front bumper (fog shrouds/tow hitch cover too), JDM Sport kit front lip cover, JDM grill surround, JDM sport kit side skirts with builtin strakes, JDM rear bumper, and JDM aero spats for rear all painted.

Also have a new set of 05 US headlight assemblies, K2 Gear CF front and rear Subaru emblems and a new windshield to complete the refresh.

Should have it all back together after the long weekend, and more pics of it completed to follow, but here's a sneak peak:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/RevACGTJDMNose_1.jpg

looks so FRESH!

And those 3rd gen 4Runners.... They are bullet proof!!! I own one as well with over 400K Kms :eek:

Excited to see your Subie all put together!

looks so FRESH!

And those 3rd gen 4Runners.... They are bullet proof!!! I own one as well with over 400K Kms :eek:

Excited to see your Subie all put together!

Thanks! Agree on the T4R - mine just rolled over 200K but running strong and deals with the snow buildup we get here quite well.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/9137EB4D-58C8-4D56-A8FA-527ECD3A0030.jpg

Need to get some proper pics of the spec.B - but here's a couple quick shots post refresh:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/510A007A-5AE0-42E7-B44D-D8037D4CF1C0.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/IMG_E2633.jpg

Thanks! Agree on the T4R - mine just rolled over 200K but running strong and deals with the snow buildup we get here quite well.

Need to get some proper pics of the spec.B - but here's a couple quick shots post refresh:

That a clean Runner! Great choice in wheels, and the roof basket! Love the single color with the limited flares! My 4Runner is more so a beater haha, body is a bit rough but a great all year round vehicle!

The Subie is looking really clean! Love the BBS wheels! Bumper is fresh!

I wanted to ask (since I have a silver legacy too, and was looking for horns), what kind of horns did you buy for behind the grill? I couldn't find "silver" colored horns made by HELLA or SickSpeed.... Are yours white or silver? And where did you get them? What brand?

Thanks!

That a clean Runner! Great choice in wheels, and the roof basket! Love the single color with the limited flares! My 4Runner is more so a beater haha, body is a bit rough but a great all year round vehicle!

The Subie is looking really clean! Love the BBS wheels! Bumper is fresh!

I wanted to ask (since I have a silver legacy too, and was looking for horns), what kind of horns did you buy for behind the grill? I couldn't find "silver" colored horns made by HELLA or SickSpeed.... Are yours white or silver? And where did you get them? What brand?

Thanks!

The T4R is the Sport Edition so it has the color matched flares/bumpers/running boards as part of the package. The TRD Pro wheels were a must but didn't want to lose their styling in black.

The spec.B definitely is fresher than before with newly painted JDM front and rear bumpers, side skirts, front overlip, sport grill and the BBS RE875 is the perfect LGT wheel to me - I mean they did come on the S402 model ;)

The horns are Hella SuperTones, with the baskets powdercoated silver. Pretty sure I got those through Subimods.

Thanks for tempting me!

And listen to this: just emailed the guy and asked how much he'd sell me the whole thing without the hood if I come and pick it up: 450$!!!!!!!! Wife is giving the OK. So I think I will go ahead and add a hole to my bank account yet again :spin:.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Picked up my goodies this morning with some extra stuff :spin:. As I picked up my stuff, I walked around the warehouse seeing LOTS of engines, trans, several nose cuts, etc... The owner of 'Used JDM Engine Inc' in Baltimore is really a nice guy. I will definitely do business with them again if needed.

Freakin pumped to do the install. This stuff is even in better shaped than my front end. Looks like the donor car was in great shape. Rust free!

:wub:

Note: crappy pictures from my old Nexus 4. Ligthing was off (left side was natural light and right side was 'basement lighting' which was yellowish). It gives the false impression that the DS headlight is yellowish but it's not.

IMG_20181013_133637.thumb.jpg.e485d2f1ed04bbae65b8c51fece2cf70.jpg

IMG_20181013_133651.thumb.jpg.5026a11d6903839d09c373645562fad7.jpg

IMG_20181013_133738.thumb.jpg.6c52de31f1aa3c1131af428011a677db.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

I need some help with a JDM front end swap. I have an '05 LGT Wagon and I bought a JDM grille off ebay. I realized it doesn't fit the USDM bumper, so is it that I just need a JDM bumper for it or did I get the wrong grille? b89f698d7bf726d68674045edf6ef815.jpg075458185c9cf9cc5ff6850b99245b4c.jpg718f105f471b8ad92e60f8ba0a2c8f47.jpg0acea716c03cd978cf14f759dbfd68de.jpg

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

I need some help with a JDM front end swap. I have an '05 LGT Wagon and I bought a JDM grille off ebay. I realized it doesn't fit the USDM bumper, so is it that I just need a JDM bumper for it or did I get the wrong grille? b89f698d7bf726d68674045edf6ef815.jpg075458185c9cf9cc5ff6850b99245b4c.jpg718f105f471b8ad92e60f8ba0a2c8f47.jpg0acea716c03cd978cf14f759dbfd68de.jpg

You need a jdm bumper

I'll take any advice for what to do here. I'd be okay with keeping this grille and finding a Spec B bumper if it doesn't require any ridiculous modification of the front, but if the spec b bumper is hard to find or expensive... Well I'd also be okay with returning this grille and getting one that fits a normal jdm bumper.