LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

it is 90 friggin degrres at sonoma raceway

12.996@107.33 in 71 degrees and some headwind. running 96 octane.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Since my truck crapped out I have been driving the legacy all week. Besides it being the worst vehicle in the world for construction it has been awesome. Drove perfect all week. Not a glitch to be found and Awesome to drive. Strangely enough I love the short gearing. Reminds me of a mk1 gti with the close ratio trans. Just fun to drive. Nothing more nothing less Edited by BBPeik

I have been driving my Outback all week. My son wanted to drive the OB over the GT. Last week he wanted to drive the GT over the OB.

How old is your son?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Second to last race today for my son's Quarter Midget driving career. I'm a little sad but hopefully father and son will take up a little co-driver racing hobby in the future. He'll be getting his drivers license in about a year and a half.

Here is a video from last months race, 11 cars in the field. Very competitive and a lot of dicing and nail biting action. All the drivers did a great job of keeping it clean once the race started. A lot of 2 wide wheel to wheel action! It gets going at the 13 minute mark and then clean all the way until the end.

0f159f57f96e611db14df2d698ea083a.jpg Edited by GTEASER

My dad let me steer his car at age 7. I am not recommending this. It is dangerous and irresponsible.

If you must know, it was called a Paykan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paykan

Watched this motor week 1989 retro review tonight and was caught by surprise that there was Subaru content in it!

One of the first episodes I watched was for the Forester, lol. I still remember the slow 10sec 0 to 60.

A friend of mine had a Peugeot 405, a very nice car for the time sadly the clutch went out and he couldn't find a replacement for a reasonable cost.

Hit one year of ownership today. Funny, it feels longer since I had the 2010 Outback for 3 1/2 years before this.

I know how you feel. I have had my GT for 1 year 4 months, but it feels like a lot longer than that because I had 2012 2.5i for 5 years before that.

SAFETY FIRST!!!!

Just announced on the TV news over the last few days...... Starting Oct 1st, and until March 31st, all vehicles on Highways in British Columbia must be equipped with "Designated WINTER TIRES"...... Great move...except they go on to define "Winter tires" as any tire with M&S or Mud/Snow/or M/S on the sidewall and having 3/16" of tread remaining .

So virtually every car in the province that is not on High Performance summer tires and has approx. 1/3 of the original tread left is "Good to Go"

Don't you just love Gov't regulations??

Included with this announcement was a notice that the Gov't found it "Not cost effective" to equip transit buses and city vehicles with "Winter tires" :(

Man....I'm glad I drive a Subaru and put Nokian snow tires on for winter ;)

Edited by Scooby Fan

So... um...

Not sure how to put this...

as Bugs Bunny said it (I know it came from a movie), "If I dood it, I get a whipping... I dood it."

Just dont ask me what I dood this time. It is in my nature.

So... um...

as Bugs Bunny said it (I know it came from a movie), "If I dood it, I get a whipping... I dood it."

You need a project car or maybe a new hobby, lol!

So... um...

It seems like you buy your car and shortly after try to do all the mods in one phase...then the mod itch sets in and it snow balls from that point. Maybe trying leaving the next one stock and when the mod itch sets in you end up with phase 1 car not what happened to your WRX. You're already screwed on this car :D

I need to start a penny collection (cent, "I know, but I prefer it my way")

Whenever I was single and dating, I didn't mod...it is a strange thing. I had no time and most probably no money.

I don't believe I am completely $crewed on this car. I went about it thinking, "What would Perscitus do?"

Many of you guys have clean builds and keep your cars nice. Maybe I am partial to what he did because of the 3.6R and not a 2.5GT.

As long as it isn't "what would Fred do?", I should be okay. There are some "nevers" and some "dealbreakers" I learned the hard way.

I need to start a penny collection (cent, "I know, but I prefer it my way")

Whenever I was single and dating, I didn't mod...it is a strange thing. I had no time and most probably no money.

I don't believe I am completely $crewed on this car. I went about it thinking, "What would Perscitus do?"

Many of you guys have clean builds and keep your cars nice. Maybe I am partial to what he did because of the 3.6R and not a 2.5GT.

As long as it isn't "what would Fred do?", I should be okay. There are some "nevers" and some "dealbreakers" I am learning the hard way.

FTFY :lol:

I don't believe I am completely $crewed on this car. I went about it thinking, "What would Perscitus do?" Many of you guys have clean builds and keep your cars nice. Maybe I am partial to what he did because of the 3.6R and not a 2.5GT. As long as it isn't "what would Fred do?", I should be okay. There are some "nevers" and some "dealbreakers" I learned the hard way.
Ha! Careful what you ask for Fred! At this point Perscitus would just pickup a wood-frame bike or put on a pair of trusty shoes and walk to that goat farm on the wooded mountain slope bathed in some morning fog.