LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I don’t think this car was ever hooking up with the bigger turbo... more load equals more boost, only 3rd gear. I was wondering why I was only hitting 18psi in 4th a few weeks ago. Love this South Bend stage 3 Endurance so far!!

daafee5dba4851bfc6170d24d63adbaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking the plunge into an all foam mattress.... I've only slept on traditional innersprings. Going with a Loom and Leaf. Sorta nervous but my bed now is starting some serious body aches for both my wife and I. Anybody sleep on foam mattresses? Likes? Dislikes?

Funny note: On a few of the mattress review/comparison sites they actually have a "sex" rating. Foam mattresses are basically not as fun as the spring mattress for doing the dirty - oh well, adjust and adapt!

I have had a cheapo amazon memory foam mattress for more than two years now. It's the most comfortable one I've even used period. Best $120 bucks I ever spent. Don't spend too much on it, they're all the same.

Glad to see the convo is still keeping classy in my absence. LOL

FWIW I hate foam 'cause it's too warm for me. I could never get comfortable.

Lol always top shelf conversation around these parts. I will weigh in, we bought a foam mattress from Ikea i believe it was extra firm, and it definitely has some kind of spring core. IIRC it was aroun $700 for a king size. And it has been almost two years and it has been very nice so far. My daughter got a single all foam mattress around the same time and no complaints from that either.

And not all foam mattresses are the same, hence the differences in warranties, prices, thicknesses, etc. Some are higher density foam, some are latex, closed cell foam, some memory foam... I can't say which is better, but you definitely need some supportive foam in there and not something plasticky feeling.

We bought a king tempurpedic 6 years ago. Best 5k I’ve ever spent. And no, not all foam mattresses are the same, not even close. Sleep on mine for a night then sleep on a cheapo, you’ll agree with me. Had a pillow top spring mattress and back was a disaster every morning! Go foam or go home haha [emoji38]

What is this "dirty" to which you guys are referring? And, why would you want to dirty a perfectly good mattress?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

What is this "dirty" to which you guys are referring? And, why would you want to dirty a perfectly good mattress?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/4697470456_7df5f99ca2.jpg

http://www.ohmsa.co.za/pics/campaigns/durexsexpo.jpg

Lol!

Looking for a little help here...my car has the inside rear view mirror with the garage door opener etc built in so it has power going to the mirror. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for those wires or know which ones might carry enough power to run a dash cam?

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Well, went to grab breakfast this morning and on the way back encountered a new model STI with rally armor mud flaps. Think a younger male driving. Pulled behind him at a stop light one lane rd and he was first in line and me directly behind me. Saw him looking in the rear view mirror prob wondering wtf is behind him lol! I knew it was coming so it’s on... he pulled away and I think medium throttle and I reciprocated staying behind him waiting for the big pull. And here we go, he floors it in second gear! He pulled 3 or 4 lengths before I realized he was on it then I stomped the pedal with heavy aggression! A large puff of smoke poors out my exhaust (Raw fuel) and off I go. Hard to say but within 50 yds roughly I’m on his fender literally could have rammed him off the road but slowly pulled over to now a two lane rd and we both slowed down. I didn’t look at him and then pulled in front of him to the next stop light which was red. Here we go again... I pulled off slowly in 1st gear surprising him as he slammed it almost rear ending me. Then I slammed it in second and take off. You all know what happened, pulled 20 car lengths then let off around 90mph as I just had hit 4th gear. I slowed and turned off the 2 lane rd back to work as he drives by. I did notice a very confused look on this young males face which made me loll!! I’m sure his car was stock, no exhaust etc... but still a fun moment with a legacy demolishing an STI.

Ya know, funny thing about the way the universe works...... I'm on my corn tune and nobody needs to be put in their place, but when I switch to 93... they are all over the place. I think the phenomenon is linked with the whole rain and a car wash deal....

Dropped off the Crosstrek at the dealer this morning because the blower motor sounds like it's on it's last leg. I asked yesterday about them updating the NAV since it is a 2016. Found out I could have done it myself for free this whole time. You download a program from Subaru and stick the SD card in your computer. It checks it then downloads the new map. Now it's all up to date. Too bad it's not that easy (or cheap) with my car.

Dropped off the Crosstrek at the dealer this morning because the blower motor sounds like it's on it's last leg. I asked yesterday about them updating the NAV since it is a 2016. Found out I could have done it myself for free this whole time. You download a program from Subaru and stick the SD card in your computer. It checks it then downloads the new map. Now it's all up to date. Too bad it's not that easy (or cheap) with my car.

mmmm I don't think its free. For my gf's Crosstrek its like 150 or 200 bucks for the most recent maps. Im waiting for 2019 maps to comeout so I don't waste my monies

mmmm I don't think its free. For my gf's Crosstrek its like 150 or 200 bucks for the most recent maps. Im waiting for 2019 maps to comeout so I don't waste my monies

I did it last night, it was free. If I remember right, you get either 3 years free updates, or 3 free updates. Check it out on this site:

https://www.subaru.com/owners/index.html?navigation=true

I did it last night, it was free. If I remember right, you get either 3 years free updates, or 3 free updates. Check it out on this site:

https://www.subaru.com/owners/index.html?navigation=true

Damn im guessing its 3 years since its charging me 200 bucks for a replacement SD and won't even give me the option to download the update.

She has a 2013 and the maps are from 2012 -_______-