LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gave my downpipe away for free to the guy who bought my car...

It's appalling that the resale value on an unused $700 part is effectively zero.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...
...so do we have any solid results from anyone who ported their stock turbo or modified the wastegate yet? Just trying to figure out the best way forward, porting the stock unit, going 18G, or just saying eff it and getting the AVO dp.

I bought a house with my wife this weekend. And all that stuff that goes with it. So car stuff is kinda low priority right now. Sorry guys.

But aye if you guys want to crowd fund a tune I'll have it done in a week. 😂

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I bought a house with my wife this weekend. And all that stuff that goes with it. So car stuff is kinda low priority right now. Sorry guys.

But aye if you guys want to crowd fund a tune I'll have it done in a week. 😂

...understood and congrats, I'm literally in the same boat...well house boat if you will :lol:

Damn wish I had caught this group buy

Well you can still find the downpipes from a couple people in the MP. Regardless of what the others on here are saying it does work and as long as you understand what you need to get done beforehand or at the same time you will do just fine. Just be happy you didn't pay full price.

Biggest issue: if you want to run a full turbo back be prepared for some kind of wastegate modding, either a larger flapper or some serious porting. I am not sure if anyone has run with an aftermarket bpv and stock midpipe back exhaust. The DP flows much to well for the stock wastegate to keep the pressure under control, that is where all the hostility comes from. (Premature manufacturer claim which they intend to stand by to the end).

I'm a realist, I installed the part and so far it has worked just fine for me, I wouldn't say my tuning has been fun so far but that has more to do with the tuner than any part on my car, other than the BPV.

Good point at 700 I can figure something out plus don't we have other down pipe options ?

There are some really motivated sellers in the MP, you would not being paying $700, maybe half that. In that price range there are only Catless options, which may or may not matter to you. I like the air I breathe, personally.

I believe AVO and turboXS produced a DP and maybe one other company. The AVO catted DP is pricey as well.

In any case a catless DP will almost assuredly get you overboost at some point, probably when the weather turns cooler so be prepared. I don't recall it being an issue on the catted DPs other than the nameless one.

And FYI Gteaser has 2 of those Nameless DPs...and they only fit one of his cars.

There are some really motivated sellers in the MP, you would not being paying $700, maybe half that. In that price range there are only Catless options, which may or may not matter to you. I like the air I breathe, personally.

I believe AVO and turboXS produced a DP and maybe one other company. The AVO catted DP is pricey as well.

In any case a catless DP will almost assuredly get you overboost at some point, probably when the weather turns cooler so be prepared. I don't recall it being an issue on the catted DPs other than the nameless one.

And FYI Gteaser has 2 of those Nameless DPs...and they only fit one of his cars.

I had an invidia catted DP which had overboost issues as soon as the temp got cooler. 2 different tunes/tuners, same thing.

Invidia makes one as well. It is what I am running.
May i ask what other mods.. also who your tuned with?

I have the catted invidia with the n1

racer x charge pipe ts bpv and potentially thier tmic .. this thread makes me hesitant to install even the invidia dp.. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

May i ask what other mods.. also who your tuned with?

I have the catted invidia with the n1

racer x charge pipe ts bpv and potentially thier tmic .. this thread makes me hesitant to install even the invidia dp.. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Engine: EJ255 Stage 3 tuned by Bren WGDC never over 50%, but I have stock exhaust after the DP.

Accessport V3

Bored and Honed with torque plates

3 Angle valve job

CP pistons

Manley Rods

ARP Head Studs

King main and rod bearings

STI heat treated crank

11mm STI oil Pump

STI intake and exhaust camshafts

BNR 20G VF54 turbo with ported wastegate

Process West 2015 WRX Verticooler