LegacyGT.com

A A Ron's official build thread

A A Ron's Official 2010 LGT Build Thread

Update: New Short Block and Turbo plans. Also I need to find someone selling their discontinued pheno TGV deletes.

I'm making my very own thread finally. I have been doing little projects here and there but have not felt like I have a built car or big enough projects for interest... until now.

Hoping to have my first big walk through about installing blast plates done soon. It will get it's own thread but I will also document it here along with previous work done by Jeff (car's first owner) and the small projects I have done along the way.

Shamelessly stealing from GTEASER's format.

ENGINE

- Cobb AccessPort V3 (AP3-SUB-003)

- Cobb Flex Fuel kit

- AEM 320 lph fuel pump

- Cobb 1050X injectors

- Fuel Pressure Sensor (coming soon)

- New STI type RA short block to be installed soon

- STI exhaust cams

- Oil pan of some sort

EXHAUST

- Nameless catted J pipe

- Nameless midpipe

- Aftermarket wastegate actuator but it's a hack job

- Four port boost control solenoid

- OEM Turbo but looking into 18G

DRIVETRAIN

- Clutch Damper Delete (see thread)

- Perrin 2015+ WRX Shifter Stop (PSPINR018)

SUSPENSION

- Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar and 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar kit (BSK015)

- Fortune Auto 500 coil overs purchased on the 50% black Friday sale.

- Fortune Auto Top Hats with cas/cam adjustment. Looking to find someone to help confirm fitment. (still looking haven't tried yet)

BRAKES

- Full set of Black Brembos, new SS brake lines, DBA T3 4k rotors, and DBA x650 pads

WHEELS AND TIRES

- Enkei TS10 18x8.5+45 in Storm Gray

- Enkei RPF1 17x8 might send these off to be powder coated

GAUGES

- 2010 vintage cluster with 126k miles

INTERIOR

- Winter floor mats right now because snow and salt of the midwest

EXTERIOR

- Vintage OEM

LIGHTING

- Custom ubar headlights with RGBW bluetooth control

- Morimoto HID projectors with high beam cutoff switch

- Rear badge lights up in red currently tied into the brake light but I will be rewiring it to be always on or activated by switch.

Edited by A_A_ron

Work by previous owner

Jeff from the east coast used to own my 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Graphite Grey Metallic. I bought it from him in March of 2016 flying from Omaha to PA to pick it up and drive it back. It was in near perfect condition at the time and I do my best to keep it like this as I can (hail is my mortal enemy).

He had the car tuned on 93 octane by EFI Logics with a COBB AP v2. Increased max hp by 5-10 but created a wide power band that let's me punch it anywhere from 3.5k to 5.5k and still get great response.

There were gold Brembos on the front with stainless steel brake lines all around. Extended wheel studs and centric spacers allowed the stock leggy wheels to fit over the Brembos and make for a very flush look.

2011 folding side mirror housings were swapped on and the auto dimming rear view mirror was installed as well.

I can't recall if much else was done and Jeff if you're on here please shoot me a dm and I will give you credit for anything else you had done.

Edited by A_A_ron

My mods done before this thread

One of the first things I did was tint the windows. Can't be driving a fishbowl around town.

pic

Then I upgraded to an Access Port v3 with a mounts because I need to see the Unicorn creating boost numbers.

pic

Wheels! and sticky summer tires. Also a set of cheap rota rims and winter tires too. It's a year round driving machine.

pic and pic

Corazon Front Strut Bar and a Master Cylinder Brace from the group buy on FB

pic

Skid plates because the roads in my town could be considered rally grade

pic

Headlights courtesy of KB Customs

pic

more as I remember

Edited by A_A_ron

2018 q1

Whiteline front and rear sway bars with end links and rear braces. BTW the front sway bar requires disconnecting the exhaust after the cat, lifting on the engine, disconnecting the motor mounts, and loosening 10 bolts to allow the sub frame to drop enough to slide the sway bar in. Also changed the oil because the fumoto valve was in the way too. I might make a thread with install steps.

pic and pic

Hard Race motor mounts

pic and pic

Vinny's Blast Plates - Full walk through saved here

XDJMgvp.jpgy43uW9y.jpg

Clutch because I didn't know what Stage 2 meant when I had Stenberg's replace my clutch so I went back to an Exedy Stage 1. Still can support more torque but not an on off switch.

pic

A/F Sensor sometimes also called an upstream O2 sensor. I had the CEL pop up after my sway bar install. I can only assume I damaged the old one when giving some love to the exhaust. Old and new side by side. You can clearly see the crack on the old one. Additional pictures here showing placement on exhaust. Just use a 7/8 wrench and be done with it. No special tool needed.

bY3K5jR.jpg

Edited by A_A_ron

2019 q4

I had taken apart my turbo and got a used CHRA from a friend in town to replace the damaged compressor wheel. I put on a four port boost controller and was off to the dyno. There were issue with a leak in the factory inter cooler. We also had some problems running too rich when road tuning after the dyno day and eventually I failed to realize how thin my oil had got. She spun a bearing and I needed a new short block.

Edited by A_A_ron
update build

2020 q2

I finally got around to buying parts for the newer bigger better faster build. I got a new job and a raise funded this. I decided to buy an STI type RA short block as it should drop right in but it was damaged during delivery.

Bought a house.

Edited by A_A_ron

2020 q3

I have a ticket in with rally sport direct and they gave me a tracking number for UPS to come pick it up and I am now waiting. When I return it they should send me a new one but I want to start this damn project after waiting so long so I am going to ask them if I can get the new engine earlier.

I now have the new short block delivered and undamaged.

Edited by A_A_ron
update build

• 2 years later...