LegacyGT.com

Official Spec Clutches And Flywheel Group Buy

groff

Ok folks, I've been in touch with David @ SPEC here's the info -

First and foremost, if you're in a hurry for your product, don't bother trying to get in on the GB because SPEC is on vacation (their only one of the year) from 6/29-7/8. The units would be shipping on7/9 for the first ones received. There is already discounted pricing of 15% on clutch and fly combos through Thursday, as an FYI if you are in a hurry.

Now that that is out of the way, here are the details:

Pricing has not been set as it will be determined by the quantity of people interested. Please post or PM me if you are serious (read: intend to buy) and which product(s) you would like. I will then PM you back with the pricing and details. I am not a vendor so I am not the one selling these, I'm just organizing the list for SPEC and you will be paying them, and they will be shipping the products.

Group buy will be open immediately and I'll run the first round of the GB until 7/9. So if you want discount pricing on a SPEC Clutch, or a SPEC flywheel, or both :lol: then post or PM me directly and I'll get you on the list (which will be updated in post 2).

Here are the details of the products eligible for the GB:

Flywheel (just released!) works with any SPEC clutch or stock clutch, 14.5lbs, normally $399

Clutches:

Stage 1 (full face): Torque Capacity - 285 ftlbs, normally $549

Stage 2 (4 or 6 puck face): Torque Capacity - 335ftlbs, normally $639

Stage 2+(full face): Torque Capacity - 370ftlbs, normally $689

Stage 3 (4 or 6 puck face): Torque Capacity - 420ftlbs, normally $639

Stage 3+ (full face): Torque Capacity - 480ftlbs, normally $719

All have a sprung hubs

So, PM or post and lets get the ball rolling on this!

more info on specific setups can be obtained at www.specclutch.com

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i see you checking it out steve. If i wasnt low on funds i would prob go for this. Thinking maybe the stage 2+.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

what are your mods RaGe? you may be able to get away with a cheaper option for what you're looking for, remember the prices will be discounted based on the more people we recruit :) so find friends

right now nothing but a down pipe with a greasy finger print mark on it which accounts for an x-tra 3 AWH. LOL. Looking to go stage 2 on 93 in the future. that and my car currently has 55K on it. So i am just looking ahead in the future. some say i am a overachiever.

OTM.

haha, i wouldnt say overachiever. but if you're planning on staying at stage 2 (never works, trust me) then you could prob get away with a stage 1 clutch which is significantly cheaper, but still an upgrade

I'm checking these out. I'm kicking down 280wtq, so I will probably be looking at least the stage II. I want some thing that isn't going to slip or smoke off the line at the strip.
Let's kick this pig!

what else is needed besides flywheel and clutch to replace stock unit? or is everything included?

this is different than ACT clutch and if so, how?

the clutch comes with a throw out bearing and alignment tool which are needed for the install (also comes with the clutch disk, and pressure plate obviously)

I'm not sure if the flywheel comes with the pilot bearing, I'll let you know on Friday when mine comes in :lol: even if it doesn't I can't imagine it costs very much from the dealer.

this is different from the ACT setup. the ACT setup uses either their lightweight flywheel or the 06 WRX flywheel. SPEC setups are able to use the stock DMF flywheel, or their brand new lightweight flywheel. I can't compare the pedal feel between either car, although I hope to be able to soon. I think SPEC offers a few more options for clutches than ACT does as well, but don't hold me too that-

I'm checking these out. I'm kicking down 280wtq, so I will probably be looking at least the stage II. I want some thing that isn't going to slip or smoke off the line at the strip.

sounds about right, just keep in mind that the stage 2 is a 6 puck design and the stage 2+ is a full face clutch (may have less noise), either way, they'll both grip well :cool:

FWIW, the pedal feel is actually a little bit lighter than stock (I have the Stage 2+).

It does chatter a bit when starting from a dead stop in 1st unless I run the revs up to 2k and slip it out a bit.

FWIW, the pedal feel is actually a little bit lighter than stock (I have the Stage 2+).

It does chatter a bit when starting from a dead stop in 1st unless I run the revs up to 2k and slip it out a bit.

^^ :lol::spin:

:munch:

come on I know some people out there want to put the POWA!!! to the road, or are you all just waiting to see if mine works too :lol: ... i have a lot of faith in your prototype crash...

so is a flywheel needed for this clutch upgrade? Noone ever really did say. it might take me a little bit to save up for this puppy.

OTM.

read my posts :lol:

SPEC clutches work with STOCK flywheels (if you want to reuse your current one, AKA its not all burnt up...I'll post pics of what my bad one looks like later tonight if you're lucky) or their brand new SPEC flywheel

i'd suggest both to get pricing down on them though :)

so is a flywheel needed for this clutch upgrade? Noone ever really did say. it might take me a little bit to save up for this puppy.

Nope... That's the best thing about SPEC IMO, you can use their clutches with the stock flywheel and their flywheel with the stock clutch!

the clutch comes with a throw out bearing and alignment tool which are needed for the install (also comes with the clutch disk, and pressure plate obviously)

I'm not sure if the flywheel comes with the pilot bearing, I'll let you know on Friday when mine comes in :lol: even if it doesn't I can't imagine it costs very much from the dealer.

this is different from the ACT setup. the ACT setup uses either their lightweight flywheel or the 06 WRX flywheel. SPEC setups are able to use the stock DMF flywheel, or their brand new lightweight flywheel. I can't compare the pedal feel between either car, although I hope to be able to soon. I think SPEC offers a few more options for clutches than ACT does as well, but don't hold me too that-

Just found this thread. My spec 2+ came with pilot and throw out bearings, tool, disc and plate.

Here's my post, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64934

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived