LegacyGT.com

Spec flywheel and stage 2+ clutch

While the dealer was replaceing my 4th and 5th gear schencro's under warrenty I had them install the Spec stage 2+ clutch. When they pulled the OEM clutch and saw all the hot spot's in the flywheel they called and said it needed to be replaced. The OEM one was $560.00 and was not covered.

They said they have not had much luck finding an aftermaket flywheel.

I called my son, he's 20y/o. He called the rep from Spec who post's on Honda-Tech.

He was told they have the first production run being made now and I couldn't get one until late this week. My son told him who he was and the rep say's will, we have the very first one here we can clean it up and have it to the dealer in the AM. That was 10:50 AM Monday. Tuesday at 1PM the dealer called and said my car was ready. Now that's service.

The Spec flywheel is supposed to weight about 11-12lbs The OEM one wieghts over 26lbs .

The pedal feels very light, feels like a Honda clutch. I only have about 25 miles on th clutch so I don't want to give it to much. I did run second gear up to about 5000rpm and shift quickly and the clutch seems to hit nice and hard. It seems to grab a bit higher then the OEM clutch has more of an on/off feel like our race cars twin disc.

I haven't really felt if the engine seems to rev quicker. Maybe as I reload AP and begin to drive it I'll have more impressions.

Here's the old one,http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/Picture040.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In the first sentance I said I had them install the stage 2+ clutch.

Car had 74,000 miles on the OEM parts (clutch and flywheel) the 2+ has a light pedal and grabs higher then the OEM one. Maybe after it breaks in that will change a bit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

On the way into work I gave it a little throttle in 1st and hit 2nd gear. Yea the clutch hits hard. Feels good.

I almost think the tranny shifts better then it did new. That may be should be no surprise... May be some day Subaru will figure out how to build a tranny that's almost as good as a Honda.

Archived