LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully I'll have them by next week. Definitely not what I was expecting to go with and spent much more than I thought I would but after selling my sport wheels to Ben for $800 and my spacers to Hepy for $80, I will be $3.50 in the hole.....and the wife still won't understand why I did it :rolleyes:

Like I said, she doesn't understand. :mad:

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I got a phone call before asking why there are 4 boxes sitting on the porch. She asked what's wrong with me.............where do I begin?

That is your mistake. I only have small inexpensive items arrive at home. Most things go straight to dietsch werks.

If and when time comes and she asks, "Is this new?" You reply with, "Is what new?" :iam:

It took her a month to notice the diffuser. My reply was, "I have had that on for a month..you didn't notice it before?" To which she shook her head and went back to whatever she was doing.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

For now still the 'old' Michelin Primacy MXM4s in 225/45R18.

Just a tad bit stretched.

Eventually I will replace these with 235/40 or 245/40s.

It doesn't look any more stretched than new bmw's. It is a good looking wheel. Looks so much like the older one.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

That is your mistake. I only have small inexpensive items arrive at home. Most things go straight to dietsch werks.

If and when time comes and she asks, "Is this new?" You reply with, "Is what new?" :iam:

It took her a month to notice the diffuser. My reply was, "I have had that on for a month..you didn't notice it before?" To which she shook her head and went back to whatever she was doing.

No, I'll blame the FedEx guy, who was instructed to leave them by the garage, somewhere she doesn't go, and left them on the porch instead.

Either way, I wasn't trying to hide them from her per se, it would have just been easier to explain to her with them already mounted on the car.

I'm having the wheels mounted today without the hubcentric rings. They're getting shipped out today so I should have them by the end of the week. I'll put them on then.

Yep - perfectly fine to do that Chris. The stock bore on the TSP6s is very close to our hub bore (I forget the exact diff) so you should be fine running like that for a week or more. Once the hub centric rings come in, just add them in and you'll be good!

Can't wait to see your color combo (SWP + Gunmetal TSP6).

We'll all take some back to back pics on Sunday. 3 Scoobies with these rims.

2010 GGM Legacy + Hyper Silver TSP6s

2014 SWP Legacy + Gunmetal TSP6s

2015 DGM WRX + Gunmetal TSP6s

Lol! All us guys are the same. I picked up my wheels and put the boxes in the garage right next to my wife's car. They sat there for a week and she never noticed. Then I told her I had an appointment that Saturday for my new wheels and tires and she tried to get mad that I hadn't told her about the new wheels. I said I wasnt trying to hide them, which I didnt, so she cant get mad. It worked. And I explained that selling my stock wheels would essentially make the expense zero. And she still hasn't noticed the new DAMD steering wheel. I also have large items delivered to my office, and the occasional small item delivered to the house just to provide some transparency. ;) Edited by GTEASER

Yep - perfectly fine to do that Chris. The stock bore on the TSP6s is very close to our hub bore (I forget the exact diff) so you should be fine running like that for a week or more. Once the hub centric rings come in, just add them in and you'll be good!

Can't wait to see your color combo (SWP + Gunmetal TSP6).

We'll all take some back to back pics on Sunday. 3 Scoobies with these rims.

2010 GGM Legacy + Hyper Silver TSP6s

2014 SWP Legacy + Gunmetal TSP6s

2015 DGM WRX + Gunmetal TSP6s

It'll definitely be cool to see our two cars together with the different color combos, I'm looking forward to it!

Enkei TSP6 Hyper Silver 18x8.5 +45

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/829/xqy2.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/819/3n68.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/856/92j27.jpg

I was wavering between the gunmetal and hypersilver but you've sold me on the silver... now just waiting for the rubber on the tires to wear down to do a replacement on both.

P.S @Railkill and Perscitus what hubcentric ring did y'all use?

Edited by Zee199969

I was wavering between the gunmetal and hypersilver but you've sold me on the silver... now just waiting for the rubber on the tires to wear down to do a replacement on both.

I would say wait for my pics of the gunmetal on SWP to decide. I had a tough time deciding but thought the darker wheel would look better on a lighter colored car. We'll see in a few hours.

P.S @Railkill and Perscitus what hubcentric ring did y'all use?

None right now, they forgot to send them to me but I'll have them in a day or two.

The size is 72.6-56.1

I went with Perscitus' recommendations of using a poly ring. I had aluminum ones on my last car without any issues though.