LegacyGT.com

Lug Nuts

BarManBean

• Moderators

About to pick up a set of gold BBSs. I'm thinking that the stock silver lug nuts are going to look like crap, so I'll probably try to pick up a set of black ones.

Before I buy something that doesn't fit, can someone educate me? I know I need 12x1.25, but what about conical seat type/taper? Will that matter?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I think you'll want the standard conical (60* if I recall) type lugs - sometimes referred to as "tuner lugs". When I ran a loaner set of the STi BBS, they were paired up with the McGuard black spline lugs which worked great. I opted to get some Ray's Duralumin lugs to go with my new wheels and am really happy with their quality and lock system.

If pricing isn't an issue - those Kics Project lugs are sweet with the floating seat.

• Moderators
Thanks Catalyst. Pricing is a huge issue right now. When I'm able to sell my stockers I might buy a decent set of lugs, but I cant say it's very high on my priority list. Right now I just want a set in black (or another color that will look decent with gold wheels) that has a reasonably secure locking system of some sort)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 months later...

here comes a dead thread, but as it is the best lug nut related thread, here we go

looking to go simple with my lug nuts, i used these with my mazda, but they have are M12x1.5, was wondering if anybody had a source for these style lug nuts, with a 1.25 pitch? I am probably going to put a set of ARP studs for the Evo (p#100-7717) which are the same size as the WRX studs, but with 1.5 pitch, when I replace my hubs.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/black-lug-nuts-p1361.aspx

Archived