LegacyGT.com

Romraider Road Dyno won't record

Ok, tonight i used vag-com cable and romraider just to see if it works.

I don't know what to log what to look for, but i saw feature Road Dyno, selected 3-rd gear pull from 2K to 6.5 K

Clicked record data - message poped "Accelerate WOT when ready" I did but nothing happened...

I can view all parameters in real time without problem, but it would not show me torque and HP.

05 Legace gt limited 5 speed AT.

Help me out or point me in correct direction, i want to learn something and maybe do stage1 when ready.

there has been quite a few small issues with rom-raider from what Ive read. You might want to PM someone like Cryo that does e-tunes and see if they cant help you out. Might want to post this in the tuning forum also, may get better response there.

I tried rom-raider once, didnt work, went cobb..

I just do a regular 3rd gear pull log, then on the dyno tab choose "load the file" and RR logger charts the dyno plot. If you can log your pulls fine already just do that. This method gives you time to analyze the data later at your convenience and keeps you from staring at a computer while doing WOT pulls (I use the rear defrost as my start/stop for pulls). I've never tried to do a live dyno session via the software, although I have been able to see the gauges and logging parameters live in RR.

I have zero issues with RR and am quite pleased I didn't waste money on a Cobb AP when all my open source tools do everything both I and my tuner need.

My tuner has me log the following, and when loaded into the dyno tab on RR logger it displays the HP/Torque curves:

Engine Load 4byte

Engine Speed – RPM

IAM

Ignition total timing

Injector duty cycle

Knock Sum 4byte

Manifold relative pressure *corrected*

Mass Airflow Voltage

Primary Wastegate duty cycle

Throttle opening angle

boost error

AF Sensor #1 Ratio(AFR)

Also make sure you choose the correct car type in the drop down, correct tire size to calculate diameter, temperature, humidity, and elevation. I also factor in how much fuel is in the tank for the weight as well as my own to be as accurate as possible.

Archived