LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

Walked outside this morning to start my car then came back inside to let it warm up since its been raining a Lil bit today. Then my girlfriends mom says "well looks like the thunder is picking back up"...then her dad pipes up and says "No no no, honey, that's Stuarts car"

Guess I'll take that as a compliment.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a light over by the Burlington Mall (Burlington, MA) and the driver in the car to the right of me indicated to roll my window down. I did and the following exchange took place:

Driver: What is a "2.5GT"?

Me: It's turbocharged.

D: I see. What kind of horsepower does it have?

*light turns green, we both start to creep forward*

M: 265 at the crank, stock.

D: Cool. Nice car.

M: Thanks! *drives away*

Yeah haha cools! Need some more pull clips ;]

I may do some tonight hopefully i can get someone else to hold the camera for me tho. it was a bit sketchy doing it on my own... not to mention the crap video

Was a stop light today and some guy in a lifted F350 decided it would be entertaining to dump black smoke in my car when he took off.... until he tried to pull on me getting onto the highway. Needless to say I got a "thumbs up" after he spent the entire time in my rear view....

... I guess that's a compliment :lol:

Some of my "friends" on FB don't like me apparently. I got told that no matter how much spray paint or stickers I put on my car, it'll still be a Legacy. Responded that that was the point and that if they thought their 16yr-old bro-diesel 12V Cummins truck with stacks was so awesome, they were welcome to challenge me to a friendly little meeting sometime. No response on that one.

hahaha punks will always talk shit. I love the fact that i have such a unique trim of such an otherwise regular car. not exactly a compliment but i saw a gorgeous '08 VW R32, which (next to the '04 R32) is my favorite VW, on the highway yesterday. i was moving at my usual klip but slowed down when i saw it to get a nice long look. i could tell the kid was eyeing my car too by the way he was leaning into his side view mirror. pulled up next to him, gave him a nod and he cracked a huge smile. i can't say for sure but i think it made both of our days.

They just hate on what they don't understand. I love my sports-car performance wrapped in luxury sedan clothing and it fits my family better than a WRX!

hahaha you can say that again. i wish i could ride in the back seat of my car without having to watch someone else drive it. I'm the worst passenger in my own car.

Was a stop light today and some guy in a lifted F350 decided it would be entertaining to dump black smoke in my car when he took off.... until he tried to pull on me getting onto the highway. Needless to say I got a "thumbs up" after he spent the entire time in my rear view....

... I guess that's a compliment :lol:

there is a bill in process here in NC that would make it a $5000 fine every time you got busted "rolling coal" from your diesel truck :lol::lol:

pulled up next to a modified blue 2010+ WRX hatch.

As I signed a "deuce", he indicated to me to roll down my window.

He - Do you go to America's Tire a lot?

Me - Yes.

He - Cause I was thinking that car is hella clean and then I thought HEY I worked on that car...

...does it have a swap?

Me - No. It's a 3.6R.

He - NA?

Me - yes.

He - What kind of suspension are you on?

Me - Tarmac Zeros.

He - Do you track it?

Me - Yes. Laguna Seca and Sonoma.

He - What kinds of track times?

Me - 1:52 at Laguna and 2:05 at Sonoma.

He - That's not bad.

Light turns green, we peace out, I'm beaming.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

there is a bill in process here in NC that would make it a $5000 fine every time you got busted "rolling coal" from your diesel truck :lol::lol:

It really doesn't make any sense why us "car" guys can't modify most anything legally but a truck can modify it's suspension, exhaust, etc etc and it's perfectly acceptable. :spin:

• 2 weeks later...
While in the ER getting preemptive shots for rabies, I was talking shop with the nurse. He owns an m3. I mentioned I drive a 5th gen GT. "I always liked that gen GT, it has a beefy rear." To which I replied, "why you looking at my rear?" as he was about to administer the 9th and 10th shot, in my butt cheeks lol Edited by Zee199969

StevenC1703 got a compliment as he was driving out from having our alignments done after the suspension swap the morning. Girl behind the counter: Damn that sounds sweet. Does your car sound like that too. me: :( no don't have the exhaust done yet.

Think this will have to be on my list of things to do soon as it does sound great. He got to hear it himself from outside the car as they did a final drive and drove by us as we were walking back from grabbing lunch as they said it'd be an hour before they could get us in.

• 2 weeks later...
on my way to work this morning i had a mustang riding my ass while i was getting on the highway so i decided to get out of his way in the forward direction. He did a really poor job of keeping up (must have been a v6) and had an amazingly dumbfounded look on his face after i let off the gas and let him catch up, he never saw my scoop and i never saw his tail. I was hoping he'd give me a run for my money, but it's always fun to walk people who think their car is such a performer

on my way to work this morning i had a mustang riding my ass while i was getting on the highway so i decided to get out of his way in the forward direction. He did a really poor job of keeping up (must have been a v6) and had an amazingly dumbfounded look on his face after i let off the gas and let him catch up, he never saw my scoop and i never saw his tail. I was hoping he'd give me a run for my money, but it's always fun to walk people who think their car is such a performer

I really appreciate the sleeper status our car has for the most part. It's another reason why I don't mind how quiet it sounds with a stock exhaust

I really appreciate the sleeper status our car has for the most part. It's another reason why I don't mind how quiet it sounds with a stock exhaust

i have been craving a louder exhaust just because i love engine noises but I'm really worried about losing that aspect of my car. i want it only to be loud after the pull has started. oh the battle of refinement

i have been craving a louder exhaust just because i love engine noises but I'm really worried about losing that aspect of my car. i want it only to be loud after the pull has started. oh the battle of refinement

This is the same boat I was in which is why I stayed stock CBE for so long. I have to say I'm really pleased with the Borla though. It's pretty mellow (I do have a resonator as well) and it doesn't bark much even when you stomp on it - just a nice exhaust note, IMHO.