LegacyGT.com

STI MBC or Grimmspeed MBC Brace?

zavar

Hi all,

I've done a lot of reading about the STI MBC and booster swap, and also about Grimmspeed's MBC brace. There certianly is alot of good information in several threads in this forum, but I'm finding it very hard to try and compare the improvements of one versus the other.

Has anyone had an opportunity to directly compare these two mods? If so, which would you say provides more benefit to the overall brake feel/responsiveness?

I'd like to improve the brake feel and reduce the initial pedal travel on my DD 05 LGT. Currently have Hawk HPS pads and stainless lines installed. I'm looking to do one of these, just can't tell which would be the best. Any help would be appreciated!

I know I'm not exactly giving the answer you're looking for, but from what I've heard the GSMCB is just a bandaid on the problem whereas doing the MC/BB swap is going to fix the source of the problem.

I'm also interested to hear what the results are though. Example: if the MC/BB swap netted a 100% improvement, then the GSMCB got me XX% there.

The gs brace is not a bandaid. The mc/bb upgrade and mbc brace do two different things. Both together would be ideal, but between the two the bb/mc upgrade will make a larger difference in pedal feel. If people put mc braces on sti's, then how is it a bandaid for them?

The two do different things, and IMHO would be best to use them both in conjunction with each other (if the GS MCB will work with the STi MC/Booster). The STi MC has a larger piston diameter and pushes more fluid per same amount of pedal travel so should do more "work" with less effort. On the other had, the MCB allows all of your pedal force to actually go to the MC instead of some being lost to flexing the firewall. IMHO, it would seem to be best to use them both, and given the price of both it wouldn't be too expensive either. Question is...will the GS MCB work with the STi MC/Booster? No one has actually installed one with the STi MC/Booster swap yet (that I know of at least). Whenever I get around to installing the '06 STi MC/Booster into my wagon gonna take measurements before and after to determine where the STi MC sits in comparison to the stock one to determine if the GS MCB will work. Based on some rudimentary measurements I took of the stock MC and the STi one, I think it should would, but won't really know until the STi MC/Booster is actually in the car. Hoping to find some time to do the install soon...

Archived