LegacyGT.com

Stock suspension + aftermarket wheels

LegaLude

I've come into the possession of 225/45/17's

When testing fitment of the new wheels I turned in a manner that shifted the weight and a small portion of the tire rubbed the wheel well.

I know that there is a common problem with the saggy butts. Originally I was looking into stiffer springs, because I figure the shocks are decent. Although I was suggested to save my money for coilovers and just drive nicely until then.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Not so sure you need COs. I don't want them for my DD at all. A good strut/spring combo will be better for street performance and comfort compared to most budget friendly COs. Unless of course you are going for extreme low or stance I say stick with strut/springs.

Bilstein HD or Konis with pinks or epics are well reviewed here.

It is a 35 offset.

I'm not sure what all the specs might be. I have only just become aware of some of the technicalities that encompass wheels :/

I thought to roll the fenders, except that I've never personally done it or had it done to one of my cars.

I'll definitely look into the strut/spring assembly. My only concern being how much a setup might lower the car. I had glanced at some Tein H tech springs since their height reduction is minimal.

As well as those spacers for the rear assemblies; although I don't know if it'll make much difference. I'm not sure how much the spring/strut compressed in order to lift the tire into the wheel well like that. Maybe 4 inches. Not sure if the pics will help much, but these are the ones I got just after we tested the fitment, and they came right back off.

Also, someone mentioned to me something about a negative camber bolt? I usually don't mess with all those settings.

2054085320_IMG_2187-Copy.thumb.jpg.18a0f149ac93c80d85850d23475fec2f.jpg

1724782932_IMG_2181-Copy.thumb.jpg.9f51b6457e5dae5c6f913fe773571b74.jpg

1018242435_IMG_2185-Copy.thumb.jpg.2dbbb79eb14ffc74b7c718ec4f703c9c.jpg

Archived