LegacyGT.com

How many times does your engine turn over before starting?

Just curious how many times everyone's engine turns over before starting.

Mine does about 6 to 7 before starting. It's annoying. My battery is only reading 12.0v with the car off so it's on its way out. Also i have 6 cylinders.

How about yours? please also state what engine, how thin your oil is, ambient temp and how your battery is if you know it!

Both mine crank over 2-3 times then fire up.

If you have a 05, when did you replace the battery ? If you got 7 years out of the oem battery your doing great, but it's time to replace it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
seems to start on the 3rd time, still rockin' the oem battery in an '05 but it only has 62k miles. I've looked at the battery a lot and thought about replacing it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Costco has 'em for ~$60, really not bad for a bit of insurance...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

dude OEM batt is the way to go.

Oh dear, may be I should remove the Maxx Everstart from my wagon. I put it in a couple years ago before winter. Just to be safe.

Got it from Walmart and turns out it's rated pretty high in Consummer Reports.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

2-3 turns here. 4-cyl, 5w-30, in so far any condition from 10 - 100 degrees.

Isn't the standard battery check with a voltmeter supposed to show a voltage of 11.8 vehicle off, 14.4 with it running? Well that's probably more a quick alternator check. Either way battery should be 12 volts without a load on it.

If you get the everstart to work to start with it's golden, but we've had ones a few years ago that refused charging, from the alternator and/or wall charger. Kinda that way with every battery tho. I remember plenty of Duralasts that did not last.

• Mega Users
Oh dear, may be I should remove the Maxx Everstart from my wagon. I put it in a couple years ago before winter. Just to be safe.

Got it from Walmart and turns out it's rated pretty high in Consummer Reports.

Then you're good! The costco signatures series that someone mentioned before got good reviews as well.

Subaru OEM is like a 105 bucks, the costco one is like 60. Save 45 bucks hmmm.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

If you have a 05, when did you replace the battery ? If you got 7 years out of the oem battery your doing great, but it's time to replace it.

hmm i just got this car a few weeks ago. it came into the country a couple of months ago, from Japan. The sticker on the battery has a bunch of numbers amongst all the japanese writing but i think it's the date and the battery was manufactured in 2005.

i havent had the motivation to check the spark plugs. Pretty hard to get to them right? what do i check anyway, the gapping?

fuel injector cleaner made no difference at all (as i suspected but worth a shot...)

• Mega Users
hmm i just got this car a few weeks ago. it came into the country a couple of months ago, from Japan. The sticker on the battery has a bunch of numbers amongst all the japanese writing but i think it's the date and the battery was manufactured in 2005.

i havent had the motivation to check the spark plugs. Pretty hard to get to them right? what do i check anyway, the gapping?

fuel injector cleaner made no difference at all (as i suspected but worth a shot...)

god your username is perfect.

I wouldn't put any additives in your car. IMO they are pointless.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived