LegacyGT.com

Cup Holder

Hi Guys,

I had some d*ckless idiot in my backseat that managed to break my rear cupholder (It will not shut and just hangs half open) in my spec-b. I took it to the dealership to see if they could fix it today. I was quoted $160 parts and labor to fix it :icon_frow

They want $98 dollars for a new cup holder and 1/2 of labor.

My question is, does that price seem fair? and $98 dollars for a cup holder?? seriously...?

Thanks,

- Humm

One of my buddies did this exact same thing two weeks ago. I hadn't checked into the price for a new one yet but if the part is $98 I think I will wait till somebody is parting their wrecked car out. Also $62 for a 1/2 hour of labor is ridiculous.

Buy the part and put in in yourself, sure it's just some screws you take off or go the the junk yard/online and find it cheaper or just forget about cuz you don't sit back there and will soon forget about that

Ya.. Thanks to nwspecb for $66 dollar part find.

Anyone ever installed one? Do I need to pull the entire console off?

Also Hi to Lee... I am in the twin cities also, Maybe you have seen me driving? Do you have any mods?

- Humm

I haven't looked at mine too much but IIRC looking behind the cupholder there are a couple springs that you might have to mess with. Just pay alot of attention when you take the broken one out. Reverse that and your new one will be in.

Archived