LegacyGT.com

Need some suggestions

Hey everyone,

This is an exhaust question.

This has been probably answered many times and after almsot 4 days of researching on this board i still have not gotten what i am looking for.

As of saturday i became a LGT owner. My brother leased the car, the day he was getting it some old guy came in with his LGT and wanted to take his aftermarket one of, so they offered to trade with my brothers aka my car now.

Well fews days ago one of the cans broke of. IT looks liek two cans were bought and just welded to a sleve over the factory y pipe. They cans kind of lookin liek x02/ebay kit.

Now i need a replacement becuase i wont pass inspeciton like this.

Coming from a maxima, LGT exhaust kits are 4x more expensive then i am used to.

So i am looking at 2 kits....

one is the ebay kit aka x02. Now i read that its a knockoff, cheap steal and rusts and comes dmg'd and needs alignment. But for those who have it on now, how bad is the rusting.

The second kit is im looking at is the Megan racing one. people say it a bit raspy, and the only 2 vids i found had other modds done to the car so i cant get a good idea of it. If it is raspy i want to steer clear. And is the single tip louder/less raspier then the dual tips?

I like the suburu sound, i dont want it to loud but i want to hear it. i really would like to go for the ebay kit just because it looks liek what i got now and i think i will enjoy it.

So people with MR or ebay kit experiece please drop your knowledge since i need to order a kit next few days.

PLEASE No comments like search it or its been answered many times.

because the threads i found for the ebay kit are over 2 years old.

and very little feedback if any i found on megan cbe

thank you guys.

did that but like i said... most have DP/UP work done, and that changes the tone alot i would assume from my past experience. like i siad i like how the ebay kit sounds like i just need some idea how bad it rusts and will it hold out 2 years :)

i have the megans cbe single tips... and honestly i wished they were a little louder... they are really quiet unless u go WOT...

ive heard clips of the megans dual tips... and i think they sound like crap.. IMO

my single tip megans for some reason dont sound that loud... unless im at WOT... if im just driving normally you can hardly hear it... but everything bolts up like a charm... everything fits nice and snug underneath... honestly i have no complaints... at times i do wish i had something louder like the perrin cbe, but for the money i think this kit is well worth it...

2 things...

1) I heard magnaflows have fitment issues is that true?

2) where is the sub forum for the 512 deal, its not under vendors or goupbuy help a noob out ))

1. The catback uses clamps not flanges, which tend to be easier to fit. I slapped mine on and it was fine, no leaks.

2. The technical forum here has an intake & exhaust forum with tons of info, and there is a magnaflow exhaust thread on the first page. See the last page or two for the best deal.

• 5 weeks later...
Magnaflow is $512 shipped and sounds badass..

Check out the tread in the appropriate sub-forum.;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63587

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived