LegacyGT.com

Has anyone seen this sexy steering wheel in our cars?

xVern

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. There are at least two companies using the same frame (I think there's a third, but can't remember the name.) Damd and GTSpec both use the same base and have subtle differences between them in the finish. GTSpec wheels are a bit cheaper.

You can get either the Damd or the GTSpec through Mike @ Infamous Performance

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. There are at least two companies using the same frame (I think there's a third, but can't remember the name.) Damd and GTSpec both use the same base and have subtle differences between them in the finish. GTSpec wheels are a bit cheaper.

You can get either the Damd or the GTSpec through Mike @ Infamous Performance

The GTSpec seems to be more expensive. Im looking for that red carbon, like the link the Damd wheel. I'd like to hear from someone who has one to see how they like it. Maybe even see some pictures.

Pics should be findable on the site here somewhere. One was for sale HERE. There's a few members with them installed. Remember that you're looking at the JDM AVO site, which means you need to account for shipping from Japan. The Damd wheels aren't listed on the US AVO site That's going to make a significant bump in the total price of purchase.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I absolutely LOVE my DAMD wheel. I got the black leather with black stitching. I wanted the upscale OEM look and feel, without the extra attention of carbon fiber. The feel it so much better than OEM. I always get compliments on it. Well worth the price, IMO.

I have the DAMD wheel in black with red stitching and squared-off bottom.

It's awesome, and quite rare because of how expensive they are. I've had it for years and when it comes time to sell it, I should get DAMD near the same price as what I paid.

I've been eyeing the DAMD round, black with black carbon at the top.

One thing I liked from my 03 Outback was the wood on the steering wheel as it seemed grippier.

It would also be a little smaller than my 05's wheel, giving me space for my hand to fit between the wheel and my right knee.

I have the same one as Gire, I love mine. Despite that it's off by a bit - I couldn't get it squared onto the steering shaft.

Still, when I change cars it's getting swapped out. I'll find a way to put it on my next car.

• 2 weeks later...

You suck Drew.

Just kidding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with the other comments that it feels way better than OEM and it makes driving my bugeye with it's OEM wheel feel like driving a bus.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/D46B36DC-7935-41B3-A752-41C5E7305E18.jpg

Also, Prova is the third manufacturer that sells these (although it is obviously OEM'd by DAMD for them since the DAMD logo is still stamped in the metal).

Damn, or even Damd. Wish I could swing a GB deal, but can't spare any $$$ until my motor swap is done and tuned...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived