LegacyGT.com

pro tune???

:spin: hi. im new to the modified car world. i just bought an 05 lgt. i want to do some modifications to make it a little more spunky. i have been reading about all different tipes of mods and was wondering what would be a good mod that will give me that extra little, and still pass emissions? Also what would a pro tune do to a stock lgt?

Welcome to the forum, don't mind the trolls.

BTW, I have been know to be one.

Are you good with a laptop ?

Most of us that are not have Cobb AP.

First off you need to check the oil level and top it off as needed. NEVER let it get low on oil.

Make sure the banjo filter is removed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Welcome to the forum, don't mind the trolls.

BTW, I have been know to be one.

Are you good with a laptop ?

Most of us that are not have Cobb AP.

First off you need to check the oil level and top it off as needed. NEVER let it get low on oil.

Make sure the banjo filter is removed.

you need to add to your signiture for every thread (CHECK YOUR OIL) line to your sig <---i really mean this because it's true which is why you bring it up so much. Secondly, all New Englanders are trolls from time to time. I firmly believe it's in our blood. the wonderful sarcastic wit that escapes the rest of the free world must be a byproduct of the weather. :)

Otherwise, to the OP stage2 is your friend

you need to add to your signiture for every thread (CHECK YOUR OIL) line to your sig <---i really mean this because it's true which is why you bring it up so much. Secondly, all New Englanders are trolls from time to time. I firmly believe it's in our blood. the wonderful sarcastic wit that escapes the rest of the free world must be a byproduct of the weather. :)

Otherwise, to the OP stage2 is your friend

Added it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Then look for a used Cobb AP v2. You can trade in a v1 for a upgrade if you can only find them. Check cobb's site for the trade in.

Where do you live ? May be one of us know's a good Tuner close to you. I'm lucky, my Tuner lives in the next town over from me. http://www.tuningalliance.com

I guess you know to keep the stock air intake, have you cleaned the MAF sensor yet ? That's a good start to keeping it running smooth.

You'll want to install a catless up pipe and DP of choice, I have a Invidia catless dp along with thier up pipe. I keep my OEM DP in the shed with a O2 sensor in it for when I have to pass emissions.

You don't need to do much to this to make them fast.

i have not cleaned my maf. i will do that right after work. :) also i live in utah. about 45 min south of salt lake city. very helpful advice. thank you

Utah, Cortney Green, he's big in the Honda ranks out that way. Look him up, he may be able to help or may know someone.

I'll try and find a link. If you use him, tell him the (old) guy from CT with the yellow civic hatch with the single cam sent you. He was a lot of help to my son and I back in the day. :)

this may get you there, http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=courtney+green&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CGEQtwIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpxxEozcXsS8&ei=GWtjT8uFK8vBtAaLzZTMBQ&usg=AFQjCNHJeVqnAWWNut2RcvO3htLUCuIgIw

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&cp=27&gs_id=27&xhr=t&q=cortney+green+on+honda-tech&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=cortney+green+on+honda-tech&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=555e839155bb5ffd&biw=1009&bih=592

Utah, Cortney Green, he's big in the Honda ranks out that way. Look him up, he may be able to help or may know someone.

I'll try and find a link. If you use him, tell him the (old) guy from CT with the yellow civic hatch with the single cam sent you. He was a lot of help to my son and I back in the day. :)

thanks. i will look him up:)

i have read about intakes and alot of people say the stock air box is the best way to go?? i dont know personally, but i do love the sound change of an intake.

I was being humorous and testing you at the same time! Well done!

Archived