LegacyGT.com

Caliper Options.

Hi guys. I'm new to the Legacy scene and looking into modding/redoing my brakes. I'm looking into Dba 5000 front rotors, 4000 rear rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Ate Fluid and braided lines.

My question is... How/Can I run STi Brembos and still keep the Legacy Rotors? And, Will the 06-07 WRX 4 pot/2 pot calipers Fit?

Any tips or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping out

I'm running 4-pot fronts so I can run smaller wheels and I would say that the stock Legacy GT brakes are the same, if not more powerful than the 4-pots. I think the rotors/lines/fluids route would be best, unless you want a nicer looking caliper too.

Hi guys. I'm new to the Legacy scene and looking into modding/redoing my brakes. I'm looking into Dba 5000 front rotors, 4000 rear rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Ate Fluid and braided lines.

My question is... How/Can I run STi Brembos and still keep the Legacy Rotors? And, Will the 06-07 WRX 4 pot/2 pot calipers Fit?

You got an extra $2k to drop on brakes? If so, you can do better than the STi Brembos. There's lots of options out there, but they all start at about 2 Large.

For the money, you could do better - Why not get the Grimmspeed MCB (~$99), good rotors and pads (~$400) and some ATE SuperBlue (Becauseracecar, ~$15) . . And then drop the other ~$1500 into swaybars, struts, springs, or even a decent set of coilovers!

Or, since you've just got your LGT, you could save it for your impending engine rebuild. :)

Thank you DaveWilson.

.:Catalyst:. I have searched! Twice now. Hence the post. Sorry, but I was unable to find the answers to my specific Q's. Yes, I did find "how to make STI calipers fit", however, that was only part of what I'm looking for/asking. If you know of any particular posts that apply, please forward the link or if my questions bother you, feel free to ignore it.

I am still looking and starting to do my own R&D. I have taken measurements of the stock LGT Brakes and need to find a Brembo and 06-07 4/2 pot setup to measure.

Thank you Scoobyscoodle and MrTris

MrTris. yes, I do have a budget around 2k for brakes and suspension. I'm looking at doing both front and rear brakes

To do sti brembo's you'll need the 04 sti front rotors and for the rear you'll need adapter brackets and either custom adapter rotors to work with your factory parking brake or you will need sti rear rotors and the sti parking brake shoes. Either way with the price of the calipers front and rear, rotors and associated parts to make everything fit your gonna have a tough time doing suspension too with only $2K.

.:Catalyst:. I have searched! Twice now. Hence the post. Sorry, but I was unable to find the answers to my specific Q's. Yes, I did find "how to make STI calipers fit", however, that was only part of what I'm looking for/asking. If you know of any particular posts that apply, please forward the link or if my questions bother you, feel free to ignore it.

What you may have seen in your searching within the Suspension/Brake section is that there are really knowledgeable vendors here. KNSBrakes, who specialize in conversions of brake kits, and have several adapters and rotors for said conversions would be more than happy to answer your questions directly. Talk to them for a wealth of accurate information about any braking questions. Same can be said for other vendors here like Mike @ Infamous, Rick @ Underdog Motorsports, and Mike @ AZP Installs.

what is prompting you to upgrade your brakes? dba stuff is nice but overkill for the street. Centric premium rotors with Hawk HPS pads are more than enough. This is what I used on my track wagon on slicks, way more abuse than you'll ever see on the street and they held up fine.

If you are looking for Bling, you need to be thinking alcon, willwood, etc.

if you want to do suspension, too, you might want to start with how you want your car to ride when you're done. Mindlessly swapping parts is going to make a crappy ride. Really.

With regard searching, all your questions are answered in the stickies here - http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/suspension-brakes-20.html.

Or you can PM anyone of the vendors listed earlier. All are very knowledgeable.

BTW, if you have sucky tires, the best brakes in the world aren't going to help you.

Archived