LegacyGT.com

Catless UP, Catted DP, no more exhaust mods

stm25rs

I did some searching, and couldn't find any clips of what I'm looking for.

I'm in outside sales, so my car can't be obviously modified (it is my own vehicle, I get mileage reimbursement), but I also want more power. Even in stock form, the LGT is the fastest car I've ever driven, so I may be happy once I get a stage 1 tune, but reading this forum doesn't help with the mod bug. And fear of engine death by blown VF40 would help me justify the $$$.

If I go past stage 1, I'd probably do a catless UP, catted high-flow DP, and a 16g. I haven't decided on AP vs OS yet, but obviously some kind of (safe/conservative) tune to go along.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is an exhaust clip and hopefully an in car clip, of a catless UP/catted DP (and stock or slightly upgraded turbo), without any other exhaust mods.

The closest I've found is a written description - you can hear the turbo whistle a bit more.

I just went from 100% Stock to Stage II - Up/Downpipe (Catted) & Pro Tuned.....

I'll confirm the only change in noise is the slight sound of the Turbo Whining, and I'm not 100% sure that's not due to the removal of the Engine Cover....

So just as quiet as stock in reality, unless you really listen nobody would even know just sitting in the car.

I did some searching, and couldn't find any clips of what I'm looking for.

I'm in outside sales, so my car can't be obviously modified (it is my own vehicle, I get mileage reimbursement), but I also want more power. Even in stock form, the LGT is the fastest car I've ever driven, so I may be happy once I get a stage 1 tune, but reading this forum doesn't help with the mod bug. And fear of engine death by blown VF40 would help me justify the $$$.

If I go past stage 1, I'd probably do a catless UP, catted high-flow DP, and a 16g. I haven't decided on AP vs OS yet, but obviously some kind of (safe/conservative) tune to go along.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is an exhaust clip and hopefully an in car clip, of a catless UP/catted DP (and stock or slightly upgraded turbo), without any other exhaust mods.

The closest I've found is a written description - you can hear the turbo whistle a bit more.

If you're in outside sales as in, Edward Jones/Door to door... unless you plan on parking down the street far from your prospective clients houses... i wouldn't mod your exhaust at all. Exhaust = rabid lawnmower rumble. I have a GrimmSpeed Up Pipe, CNT Cross Pipe, CNT Catted-DP, and a 3" CXR Exhaust system. I've also got the Cobb AP and am currently running the Stage 2 93 Octane map tune. It's a lot more powerful, but it's a hell of a lot louder as well:lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-grimmspeed-up-pipe-thoughtsi-202262p20.html

I'm an outside sales engineer. I sell controls equipment to manufacturers/water treatment/power plants.

Were you ever stage 2 without the 3" exhaust? From the little bit of information I have now, it seems like the rumble comes from bigger pipes.

stock mufflers are quiet because they are huge. most people don't realize how big they actually are until they're already off your car:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73525&d=1253145912

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73524&d=1253145912

A clip of mine from a few years ago. PnP exh. manifold, GS x-over pipe/UP, Catted DP, CAI, and stock CBE.

After having 3 different aftermarket exhausts, I'm back to running the stock CBE again. I love the quiet power but do miss the rumble sometimes.

I will soon be installing my Invidia catless dp and grimmspeed up with oem catback since i like stealthy and quiet so i will post a clip as soon as it happens...been collecting parts for quite some time and ready to go this april when STI mikey comes to Chicago and tunes me up along with all other subie owners...keep ya posted!

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Archived