LegacyGT.com

5th gen 1/4 mile time

Fati LGT

You need a fuel pump, injectors I suggest id1000s, and a tune.

Cobb doesnt have an ots e85 tune. It is to risky IMHO to even e tune for e85. We like dyno for it. But I have heard of successfully tuned e85 cars done on the road.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a ton of research and there's not much info on 3.6R drag times. After selling my built wagon in march I decided I would take the 3.6R to the track last night. first pass was a 14.9 and I managed to get it down to a 14.831 at 94.16mph. 2.128 60'. It was a relatively humid night and warm at ~60 degrees. Not too shabby, beats the 14.9 that the magazines claim. Timeslip attached. With some cooler temps I think I can shave one or two tenths off. Car is bone stock. TC turned off. Once I staged i powerbraked it and went.

1623626691_qtrmile11-1-13.thumb.jpg.186e56593979d75c37f5746350248b0c.jpg

• 4 months later...
No 2.5i runs...lol. As the owner of a 2013 2.5i CVT the only way it will ever run a good time is doing the following. Remove spare tire and jack and everything else you can live without. Fill you're tank to no more than 1/2. As for mods a header with a straight pipe " weight" and a Grimspeed pulley, I would leave the air box, unless it is drawing hot air. Now here is the secret the CVT will run to 5600 and won't move, now if you put it in manual and DO NOT USE THE PADDLE SHIFTERS, and let it shift at 6000 off the governor. Your 8.6 is now a 7.6 or better. The legacy was bought as a work car, it is not a GT it is a GGG. " Grandma's Grocery Getter.

• 3 weeks later...

2010 LGT - 63k miles

Stock OEM tires

Cobb AP OTS stage 1 - 93octane normal wastegate map

Temp: 56

Weight: 225lbs.

Fuel: a little more than 1/4 tank

TCS on, 4200rpm launch TCS kicked in a bit because I lost a bit grip on launch(forgot to take it off)

0-60mph - 4.759sec.

Edited by starbai007

• 1 month later...

2010 LGT 77000 miles

OTS Cobb stage 2 map

Cat less dp

Racer x tmic

Factory tires

Full tank of gas

83 degrees

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/31/vy9y5y2a.jpg

Tomorrow I'm having a clutchmaster fx350, sti flywheel, 1000cc injectors installed. So I wanted to have a time to compare to.

You would greatly benefit from a protune with the RacerX TMIC.

This. You could easily get that down to a 13.1 or 13.2, maybe lower with a Protune. The Cobb OTS Stage 2 is leaving a lot on the table and I believe it was developed using the stock TMIC, not an aftermarket one, which is where the restriction is in our cars.

This. You could easily get that down to a 13.1 or 13.2, maybe lower with a Protune. The Cobb OTS Stage 2 is leaving a lot on the table and I believe it was developed using the stock TMIC, not an aftermarket one, which is where the restriction is in our cars.

I ran 13.5 on stage 1. Are these stage 2 times we are talking about?

I couldn't wait any longer to get tuned. So here is the final product.. I'm pretty happy with it. It's fairly safe and there is a lot left on the table. I will be going back in a month or so to get tuned for e85.

This is on 93 pump gas.

This day was about 100-101 degrees ambient in the shop.

Catless down pipe

Muffler delete

RacerX tmic

1k injectors

Dw300 pump

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/06/3aqu3ype.jpg

Edited by NickPalmBeach

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2010 GT Wagon 5EAT

Completely stock with Throttle Happy tune.

Horrible tyres @ 34psi

Full weight incl child seat!

13.94 @ 98mph

1.93 60'

I have since had a custom dump/front pipe installed, incl a 100cel cat, which has been moved further back from the turbo. Will have it retuned in the coming weeks and then back to the track to get the time down another tenth or 2.

1590156219_PBTimeslip.thumb.jpg.bcfa74479e54b24979fc8ff7975e06a4.jpg

• 3 months later...
I thought that I posted to this thread already but I ran a 16.38@83.4mph with '12 2.5i 6MT.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa177/sytydave/Subaru%20Legacy/th_dave_subaru_2_zpsb3622e76.jpg

That sounds about right. I have a 2011 2.5 manual, it's a dog.

I honestly don't see the point of taking a car like this to the track.

If you are interested in bracket racing, buy yourself a used LS1 Trans Am, Camaro or Corvette for cheap. With a few bolt ons those cars can go mid 12s easy and they can take the abuse.

Then plan on some nice road trips with your 2.5 Legacy and enjoy it for what it was designed for.

I am impressed by some of the times your GTs are posting!

I honestly don't see the point of taking a car like this to the track.

Then plan on some nice road trips with your 2.5 Legacy and enjoy it for what it was designed for.

Why not? Where else can I safely floor my car for a 1/4 mile with minimal risk of an accident or getting a ticket? I personally thinks it a good idea to promote car owners who want to open their car up to take it to the track. I generally just enjoy the car for what it is, an AWD vehicle that is good in the snow, comfortable, gets decent gas mileage and hopefully stays reliable.

If you are interested in bracket racing, buy yourself a used LS1 Trans Am, Camaro or Corvette for cheap. With a few bolt ons those cars can go mid 12s easy and they can take the abuse.

Why would I want to go slower? :D My other vehicle runs mid 11's on mild boost and street tires. My other vehicle wasn't race ready so I brought my Subaru. The main reason I went to the track because my friend was racing his Audi and I needed more methanol. I was also curious on to how it ran; it ran better than I expected since the magazine times were 16.9-17.1 for the 2.5i CVT (some have claimed the CVT are faster 6MT :spin:).

I don't plan on bringing my Legacy to the track again, but if I happen to be at track again with it, I would not hesitate to take a few more runs.

• 3 months later...

Hmm...I think I totally missed this thread.

I ran a 14.65@96mph in 70 degree weather in September 2014.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 3 months later...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/jonathanwhelan/Mobile%20Uploads/20150517_221539_zpsrelvy58a.jpg

This was my fastest run today. Ran in bracket comp and came in second, got a total of 6 runs. My friend said the track temp was 89, I think ambient temp was around 80. Running COBB ots stage 1, 93 octane with K&N replacement filter and Invidia dual N1 cat back. Removed spare tire and the shield behind the grill to allow air flow directly into the duct. Running all season tires on stock wheels. Had launch control set at 5k rpms, not sure how much that helped or didn't as I realized I spaced out all day and never took traction control off :/ I was very impressed with the runs though, didn't think the car would be as fast as it is with an ots tune. I beat my friend in his '15 STI stage 2 when I ran against him. Only by 100th of a second but still a win in my book.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/jonathanwhelan/Mobile%20Uploads/20150517_221539_zpsrelvy58a.jpg

This was my fastest run today. Ran in bracket comp and came in second, got a total of 6 runs. My friend said the track temp was 89, I think ambient temp was around 80. Running COBB ots stage 1, 93 octane with K&N replacement filter and Invidia dual N1 cat back. Removed spare tire and the shield behind the grill to allow air flow directly into the duct. Running all season tires on stock wheels. Had launch control set at 5k rpms, not sure how much that helped or didn't as I realized I spaced out all day and never took traction control off :/ I was very impressed with the runs though, didn't think the car would be as fast as it is with an ots tune. I beat my friend in his '15 STI stage 2 when I ran against him. Only by 100th of a second but still a win in my book.

Nice! Had similar times on stage 1 ots map a while back.

Subaru really left a lot on the table with this car, I'm highly considering getting a pro tune until I can save up for everything I want to do at stage 2.

Stock to Stage 1 (Cobb) is very noticeable Stage 1 to Stage 2 (Cobb) is a small difference. Stage 2 (Cobb) to pro tune is like whoa! ;) . Unfortunately I get used to power levels very quickly :( .