LegacyGT.com

Visiting Mexico and I spotted this!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/22/12929dd75ee136437b65a774fb3f4dc6.jpg

What do you guys think???

It's a 2013 gt with a turbo correct???

Looks like they got the jdm front end on theirs???? So many questions, just spotted this about an hour ago. Hopefully they got jdm turn signal mirrors/bumpers/ fa25 turbo engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In mexico and south america they often get cars they have in asia and europe but not in U.S. or Canada... i know that its the case for VW, some hondas and some other japs too, might be the same with subaru

This has been discussed many time before guys.

Subaru of Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Guatemala, etc. all get EDM/JDM spec (minus the right-hand drive) cars. Recent example 2012+ Subaru Legacy DIT, 2015/16 WRX/STI. I wouldn't be surprised to see Levorgs there soon.

Subaru of Mexico is a bit strange in that they often advertize EDM/JDM cars in their marketing materials, but sell USDM car... recent example: 2015/2016 WRX/STi.

In the photos forum in the ice silver metallic thread there is a picture of a '13 GT in Peru - grille looks pretty similar to the USDM 13-14. Looking at the pic here, the wheels look like they are from a 10-11 (brighter silver - could just be the pic, though) so maybe it's a 10 or 11 GT with a facelift?

Id say that between the grill, mirrors, bumper cover curves....that's a 2011 JDM Legacy GT non b4/ts.

2012 and newer got new grill with the straight bars, the bumper cover doesn't have those curves up the sides and the turn signals on the mirrors are different.

Does anyone know where these "JDM" LHD Mexican Subaru's are built? Because if they are actually built in Mexico, than there would be no import duty on them because NAFTA....

on their website they have jdm front end and signal outer turn mirrors, and HIDs with headlamp washers.

Check out this link;

http://www.subaru.com.mx/13legacy_s25gts.html

The bumper and grille are pretty different on that car - look at the trailing edge of the foglight (angles forward on the car you saw vs. back for the car on the website), then there is an extra body line that's carrying forward the fender flare - also the grille is more angular looking like the jdm grille. Also - the mirrors don't appear to have the turn signals in them (wheels are different, too, but those are easily swapped). Probably not a JDM car since it's LHD, but could be a JDM front end. The car from Peru looks like the one on the Subaru website.

Id say that between the grill, mirrors, bumper cover curves....that's a 2011 JDM Legacy GT non b4/ts.

2012 and newer got new grill with the straight bars, the bumper cover doesn't have those curves up the sides and the turn signals on the mirrors are different.

Does anyone know where these "JDM" LHD Mexican Subaru's are built? Because if they are actually built in Mexico, than there would be no import duty on them because NAFTA....

I spoke to a few MX dealerships a year or two ago for some parts and fairly sure the cars are built in Japan and imported, the reason most are different than USDM models has to do with the local laws... simply put Central and Soutb American countries can sell non-USDM models as local cars.

PS - Notice how the 2013 LGT on the MX site is mated with a 5EAT :)

The bumper and grille are pretty different on that car - look at the trailing edge of the foglight (angles forward on the car you saw vs. back for the car on the website), then there is an extra body line that's carrying forward the fender flare - also the grille is more angular looking like the jdm grille. Also - the mirrors don't appear to have the turn signals in them (wheels are different, too, but those are easily swapped). Probably not a JDM car since it's LHD, but could be a JDM front end. The car from Peru looks like the one on the Subaru website.

I'm 100% sure this comes with led turn signals built into the mirror, did you check the link I posted? Click on the 2.5i sport and it's as clear as day there. Fine I know it's not a jdm car but it's the looks, bumpers, standard equipment, led mirror turn signals , 5eat, push button start, far exceed what we were offered USDM market.

But those bumpers are deff what were offered in jdm land and uk land.

I'm going to stop by the dealer and place an order for turn signal mirrors, going to order everything as I'm sure the glass is different as what we have here in USDM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to a few MX dealerships a year or two ago for some parts and fairly sure the cars are built in Japan and imported, the reason most are different than USDM models has to do with the local laws... simply put Central and Soutb American countries can sell non-USDM models as local cars.

PS - Notice how the 2013 LGT on the MX site is mated with a 5EAT :)

Stop it!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

did you check the link I posted?
I was commenting on the picture in the first post - the one on the link has them, the one in the picture in this thread does not. If you can get the car to stop, the gauge cluster should be the one with the color display in the middle for 2013+ (was always curious if they had a version of the car that had the new gauge cluster and came with a 6spd...)

Everyone outside of the USA/Canada gets all the cool exterior bits that we don't.

The only drawback I'd see is it wouldn't be compatible with the Cobb OTS tunes.

a non USDM ECU isn't even going to be compatible with the AccessPort, let alone any of the OTS tunes. Maaaybe one of the Prova units, but I think those are JDM and not ROW (rest of the world)

Everyone outside of the USA/Canada gets all the cool exterior bits that we don't.

a non USDM ECU isn't even going to be compatible with the AccessPort, let alone any of the OTS tunes. Maaaybe one of the Prova units, but I think those are JDM and not ROW (rest of the world)

Is it because the ECU understands only Spanish?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Archived