LegacyGT.com

The STI bbs thread

lawl

Considering picking these up:

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

I'd be wrapping them in 235/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S rubber, but I need to get my ProDrive GC010Es/Bridgestone Potenza PP RE970s sold first...

Do eet! I saw these posted as well and if they were priced right for winters I'd swoop on them. I think they'd look great on your car (especially with the color of your StopTech BBK).

Considering picking these up:

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

I'd be wrapping them in 235/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S rubber, but I need to get my ProDrive GC010Es/Bridgestone Potenza PP RE970s sold first...

they look very similar to the ones I have on my car. If you wana see how they look check out my photo's page thread.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Those look good. I always cringe though, when I see forged wheels being powdercoated.

I have a fresh professionally-painted set in gloss-black that I'm contemplating selling, because I decided to go with 16" rims for the winter. Might put'em in FS section in a few days.

Those look good. I always cringe though, when I see forged wheels being powdercoated.

I have a fresh professionally-painted set in gloss-black that I'm contemplating selling, because I decided to go with 16" rims for the winter. Might put'em in FS section in a few days.

Why do you cringe, I hear people say dont powder coating forged wheels it ruins the integrity. I say thats BS with all due respect IMO I just think thats said to people to scare them.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I had no issues at all PCing my forged Volk wheels, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again after discussing with several people in the industry and friends that have done it (mattg had these same BBS done). After talking with my local PC guys, my understanding is baking the powder is not done at a high enough level of heat that could compromise the forged aluminum. Edited by .:Catalyst:.
grammar

Why do you cringe, I hear people say dont powder coating forged wheels it ruins the integrity. I say thats BS with all due respect IMO I just think thats said to people to scare them.

Absolutely no problem or danger with powdercoating wheels.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yup, gonna have to get a set of these. How much handling performance and MPG do you guys find with them?

Also, is it a good idea to just get them in whatever color and get them pd'd later down the road. I want my OBP with light gunmetal grey BBS' wheels. Not only is it lighter, but I'd like to keep the parts sort of OEM rather than aftermarket. Wonder if I have a hard time looking for them in TX.

Here's my LGT with black STi BBS wheels. Don't love the color combo, but it's my winter setup and I'll be getting them done differently after winter's over.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/BoozeRS05/LGTBBS.jpg

Any opinions on what color I should go with in spring? I'm leaning towards- Bronze, silver (stock-like finish) or STi BBS gold, in no particular order...

Edited by BoozeRS05

You're smoking crack.

Looks awesome. Give it a week. It took me about a week of looking at my ABP to realize the gold goes with the blue.

To complete the look, you might want to plastidip the grille to have an accent color that ties the wheels in.

Seriously, the more I look at it the less I like it.. I won't do much with it till winter is done so it will have time to grow on me. I'll likely be removing most of the chrome from the grille and headlights regardless so you're right it will tie in better once that's done, assuming I'd be keeping them black.

I had gold wheels on my ABP sedan and I never thought it would work, but that isht looked great.

Well you were right, I've been coming down from my crack high since last week and the black wheels are really starting to grow on me...

I asked my gf what she thought the other day and she sidestepped the question though.

After seeing PGT's pics, I knew what I wanted my 05 to look like:

guess more of mine would be cool in this thread :lol:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00380.jpg

Took its time, but 6 years later these just showed up:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/stfurtfm/IMG_20121122_231016.jpg

Can't wait for Spring...

Was running these for a Lil while uploadfromtaptalk1355140685140.jpg.fde3f8ae69da3b30dff3f863df15747c.jpg

Really like how the BBS's look on the legacy. But then i found a set identical to that on the legacy sti over in Japan and had to jump on them.

uploadfromtaptalk1355140797793.jpg.3063876041750a823ba0c53bf165a961.jpg rota mesh, about a hell of a lot cheaper than the real BBS counterparts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2