LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like it, take it off

You sound like me:lol:

I originally had my whole grill plasti-dipped, then painted the whole thing, then just plasti-dipped the wing section. Its been like that for well over a year without any blemishes. The surround on the other hand, is chipped to shit. I thing I'm going to just re plasti-dip it. I love the stuff!

OHHHHHH!!! BABY!!!!!... I tried to install mine at Lunch... FAIL! Looks like I'll be taking the bumper off.... I really wanted to avoid this..... argh!

Why do you have to take off the bumper?

If it's a matter of space under the car, you could always lift the car on some lifts. I think it would be easier to lift the car and leave the front bumper on. It'll provide a much steadier platform to screw the screws in and to mold the lip around the bumper. Just my 2 cents.

Spidey, I would recommend NOT taking the bumper off for install. It helps if you are doing the install in a warm place and use ramps or jack up the car and put it on jackstands. Prop the lip up in the center, 2 or 3 places, and duct tape the ends in place, then stretch and duct tape the center. Start at the ends by putting the first 2 or 3 screws in at each end. Make sure it is centered and stretch the lip to align it in the middle, place 1 screw in the middle. Then go back to the ends where you left off, stretch and hold it in place for each screw and alternate sides back to the middle, ensuring that it is lined up evenly on both sides. Good Luck. I did it by myself in about an hour. Def not something you want to try to rush on lunch break in a parking lot.

I Was using masking tape... keep falling

and I can't get my drill inbetween the wheel and the corner screw hole wihout taking off my wheels

and be assured I have not given up.. just gonna do it with some brews friday after work...

:rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

and I can't get my drill inbetween the wheel and the corner screw hole wihout taking off my wheels

and be assured I have not given up.. just gonna do it with some brews friday after work...

Try turning your wheel right to work on the left one and vice versa.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Just get a short screwdriver and manually turn it (it may hurt your wrist after about the 10th screw, but worth it :)).

There's really no need to use a drill. The screws will go right in with a little pressure.

Hehe! :lol: I don't want to know....10x eh?

LOL, maybe more....:wub:

Installed mine today. Looks good, will try to get a couple pics up tomorrow. Only problem is I park underground, and for me to get up I climb up a 30 degree ramp. I definitely bottomed out the front of the car on my first attempt. The grade is so steep that I have bottomed out the car before without the lip and stock suspension.

When I get my RCE blacks on the car, it might force me to move.

I think someone in this thread did. It didn't work from what I recall. There are 17 screws that hold this thing on. I do not think the factory clips are strong enough or can apply enough pressure to hold the lip on correctly.

Here are some pics of the lip installed. Car is dirrrrty, sorry.

590554228_2013-03-3018_52_03.thumb.jpg.2aa778c840803db722f91c812a6827e2.jpg

2020531289_2013-03-3018_52_24.thumb.jpg.9387f5a4442882c1feb8b940eab7c135.jpg

257873250_2013-03-3018_52_13.thumb.jpg.cf152313f04af599be1e0d172a40f731.jpg

Edited by worth
Added pictures