LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

On my twisty canyon road commute this morning I had the opportunity of taking about 4 miles of road at full tilt when no one was in front of me. And I was pushing it hard. This is where the Koni's really shine. At high speeds, over bumps, uneven and wavy pavement, and off camber dips where the road drops away mid corner. The car was stuck to the road. No unsettling of the chassis, just shit-eating grin confidence and predictability.

:icon_mrgr

^^^ I can't wait to see your reaction with my current setup.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^Me neither. But remind me to put my wallet in a block of ice in the freezer before we go for a ride. :lol:

Well, thanks to you, my GT Spec rear strut tower brace is here today! Not that it will make a noticeable difference on the street, but I'd rather have it than not.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Do you have a front strut brace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the STI front strut tower brace for the Legacy.

Signature updated...forgot about it.... ;)

^^^ LOLOLOL ROTFL and it is absolutely true!

• 2 weeks later...

Big problem, but I wasn't about to let it be.

There must be a difference beween the 2010 and 2013 or maybe even the 2012 vs 2013. We know the bumper looks different, but I found out the hard way that the strut tower and trunk pan don't look the same.

Yes, I cut out the carpet. I tried mounting the flat bar below the brace, but that made the bolt touch the trunk bottom and the brace would not sit properly. But, this would have lowered it maybe 1/2" while I need it to go down at least 1 and 1/2"

It was supposed to fit like this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4664257&postcount=41

Anyway. If you plan on ordering it for your 2013, it will look like mine. If you have a 2010, it will most likely look like the pics from GT Spec. If you have a 2012, you may get lucky and have a similar fit as the 2010.

Curious. Any 2010 guys in the US, would you please lift that cover inside the trunk and see if it looks like mine or if it looks like the pics in Linc's thread.

20140101_154839.thumb.jpg.a808afb1aae11c6cb7a02126810b297a.jpg

20140101_152729.thumb.jpg.78a7efc47ab800da4b65a1fe13a0489f.jpg

20140101_154311.thumb.jpg.981486db97c51d8d2af345c7eaded4c1.jpg

20140101_160007.thumb.jpg.727727ff74a12c58bdfb0af461547836.jpg

There is an initial feel of the rear wheels staying more in line to each other.

Havent had enough time to tell if there is any more oversteer or not.

Will feed back later.

If you get a chance, could you measure the distance between the back of the seats to the front of the bar? Thanks.

The space between the bar and rear seats is just a hair over 11".

Are you thinking dual sub with amps?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/6azeme2u.jpg

Here's a pic of my 20 inch subs behind my strut bar. Fits perfect!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/ryzezy5e.jpg

Okay...so I dont feel so silly anymore for cutting the carpet. I was expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Clever boy! Way to use that space.

Did you mount the amp on the side that faces the rear seats? What size subs?

Big problem, but I wasn't about to let it be.

There must be a difference beween the 2010 and 2013 or maybe even the 2012 vs 2013. We know the bumper looks different, but I found out the hard way that the strut tower and trunk pan don't look the same.

Yes, I cut out the carpet. I tried mounting the flat bar below the brace, but that made the bolt touch the trunk bottom and the brace would not sit properly. But, this would have lowered it maybe 1/2" while I need it to go down at least 1 and 1/2"

It was supposed to fit like this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4664257&postcount=41

Anyway. If you plan on ordering it for your 2013, it will look like mine. If you have a 2010, it will most likely look like the pics from GT Spec. If you have a 2012, you may get lucky and have a similar fit as the 2010.

Curious. Any 2010 guys in the US, would you please lift that cover inside the trunk and see if it looks like mine or if it looks like the pics in Linc's thread.

Isn't it possible to fit the bar on the underside of the flange on each side instead?

453747.png

I read the part about 20", but I believe he meant the sub box not the sub itself.

The STB came with the bar on the underside but that made the bolts touch the trunk such that the flanges sat 1/4" high and would not sit flush.

Web pics for the STB also show the bar on top of the flange not below. It would be better if it was underneath. It would go down by about 1/2", but I need it down about 2".

Quick update on RSTB. It does feel that there is just a little more push in the rear. Nothing scary just a smidge more.

IMHO, if you can live without 100% use of your trunk, it is an improvement.

and the bushings that came with it are stamped "25"...as in I think they were originally for a 25mm bar...not a 26 mm bar...
Should be the correct ones - the bushings are usually sized smaller than the bar.