LegacyGT.com

Bbs rc

Picky1

I am a total NOOB when it comes to wheels, but I saw a nice set of 18 X 7.5 ET 38 BBS RC wheels from a VW GLI locally on Craigslist.

Does anyone know the weight and if they are cast or forged wheels? Also will the hub bore, lug seat etc. be the correct size for a Subaru?

And lastly, anyone have any pictures of them on a Legacy?

3239BBS_RC-2.jpg.413561b2a9dfa19e585a427493e80211.jpg

i had the same BBS RC's on my audi.

iirc, weight isn't too bad. 19-21lbs? the RC's are cast. the hub will sit fine since VW CB's are 57.1mm, while subies are 56.1mm. though one thing that might be of concern is that the GLI BBS RC's are ball seat and all 12x1.25 lug nuts are conical.

just to be safe i'd run cone seat -> ball seat converter washers from BFI.

http://store.blackforestindustries.com/basecowa.html

Why not just go with Enkei Raijin in 18x8.5+45. They weigh 21 pounds because of Enkei's MAT technology which is a partial forging, and they come in a 70 something hub bore (just use a hubcentric ring) and conical lug seats. Plus, if you ever F one up you can find a replacement easy.

Point taken, but BBS have so much more cache! Looking on Craigslist there are a lot of these wheels anyplace from $300 - $800 for a set of four some with tires and some without....not bad for 18 inchers.

What do you all think about the 38 offset, will they appear too sunken in on a 5th Gen Legacy?

+38 means they will stick out more than our OEM wheels, which on the cavernous 5th gen wheel wells is a good thing. The existing already entered in on the chart below is the GT wheel and offset.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=45&diameter=18&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=55&width2=245&aspect2=45&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=8&offset2=35&Submit=Submit

Just make sure you get the center caps. Those babys can be very expensive to replace. My friends Miata that came with BBS wheels costs 118 each to replace the centers.

heh, you can fit BBS RC's alllllll day on vwvortex. bonus points if you come across a set of shot-peened and polished 337 RC's

and i know it isn't a legacy, but here's a set of RC's on a subie

http://i39.tinypic.com/e99kw9.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was contemplating the same wheels and getting them changed to gold as well. Now I think I'm sold. Would love to see a pic on our car though.

And those conversion washers are out of stock. Is that a must?

There are some local to me that have BBS centers instead of VW and I think I'm gonna grab em. They are actually 18x7.5 so they are a little wider and I think will look pretty good.

I'd just remind them. The ones I found locally with BBS caps instead of VW are sold but there's another. So pissed I missed a set of rota grids in 18x9.6 with newer tires for $750 by a day. And then found out one of my BBS sti wheels is cracked. Fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived