LegacyGT.com

What do love about your Legacy?

Amen. Wouldn't be the same if I didn't have 15 years of driving, road trips, tune ups and remembering all those winters carrying my infant son safely from point A to point B. Now I am teaching that same baby boy how to drive in that same car. What a long, strange trip it's been and my Subie is still here for me.

+1 Hemingway, my subie been a good dependable friend that has never disappointed, has changed the way I think about owning cars, my dogs even love these cars. Made a believer out of my wife in a pretty bad snowstorm a few years ago too, she said she would never drive another car again.

i like how it looks, i dont really like the newer generation styles at all. i also like how it handles and drives, as well as how it fits me. cant stand the passenger seat feel at all, but the driver seat feel is awesome. i also like how easy they are to work on.

Definitely love the looks of the GT Wagon. I bought it because I think it's definitely the coolest looking wagon for the price one might pay. It really is everything I want in a car (minus a turbo): it's got a ton of cargo space, it's stick, it's got a sunroof, it's great in the snow, it's relatively easy to work on, and with all the work and upgrades I've put into it, it runs and handles excellent.

The lines on the front fenders. AWD. Boxer. 5MT. Cargo space. Oh, and those giant fogs.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/TurboThom/1997%20OB/_1180334-Edit_zps9dd9a564.jpg

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it isn't a GT-B. :redface:

I HATE my car for the most part. It was too far gone when I got it and working on it has been extremely unrewarding so far.

I like the way it has a good balance of handling, liveable power with good delivery with the AWD, and good cargo space. It doesn't FEEL like a station wagon in the corners.

I HATE my car for the most part. It was too far gone when I got it and working on it has been extremely unrewarding so far.

I like the way it has a good balance of handling, liveable power with good delivery with the AWD, and good cargo space. It doesn't FEEL like a station wagon in the corners.

This was how I was with my last one. It was a 98 GT wagon with a 5MT. I loved that car, and the way it drove, but I hated it's shitty reliability. I replaced everything... And when I sold it, the trans was on it's way out to lunch.

The wagon has almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution, the 5MT has a 50/50 power split, and the whole car has a very low center of gravity. That, combined with it's 3200 lb curb weight and suspension setup, make it wonderful in the corners. It's extremely toss-able in the turns. It was very easy to rotate. The steering feel is probably the best of any car I've ever driven as well. It could do with a bit less body roll, but that makes it much more communicative and allows the car to gradually reach it's limits of adhesion instead of suddenly.

I love the thumbs up I get from guys in STi's and WRX wagons. I love that people are shocked to hear the sound my exhaust makes coming from a station wagon. I love that my car looks like space ghost. I love that its a Brighton that i've come very close to making a TS-r. I love I don't have roof rails. But mostly, I love that I've pulled jeeps and chevy silverados out of snow banks.... with a 14 yo japanese wagon.

As Charlie Sheen would put it..... winning.

Archived