LegacyGT.com

Tint and Clear-Bra shop in SLC?

2furious

I have a guy that does amazing tint work. Best I have ever seen. He's done 5 of my cars... He doesn't do ClearBra, but I don't really recommend ClearBra anyways.

Thanks. Let me know the contact info. You can PM me.

Why do you not recommend Clear-bra?

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

There are many factors that go into how good or bad clear film protection will look. The brand and quality of the film is extremely important. Just like cheap tint that turns purple, a cheap film will discolor and looks bad. How the film is maintained is also important. A car that doesn't have its exterior maintained properly will have bad looking film. The paint looks like crap too, but the film is different so stands out a bit more.

I definitely understand why people aren't fans, but I'm a big proponent. I have it on all my cars and will continue to have it on my cars.

For reference, here's my Legacy from a few months ago. 8 1/2 years old and the clear film still looks good, but that's because I maintain it.

http://pics.theoriginalurl.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1040&g2_serialNumber=1

Just like tint, it will oxidize over time and fade and discolor. And when you decide to take the clear bra off, your paint will have faded a bit by then and the paint under the clear bra will look newer.

Unless you are like Euclid and I... We are OCD about our cars and wax frequently. Our cars also spend most of their time hanging out in the garage.

There are many factors that go into how good or bad clear film protection will look. The brand and quality of the film is extremely important. Just like cheap tint that turns purple, a cheap film will discolor and looks bad. How the film is maintained is also important. A car that doesn't have its exterior maintained properly will have bad looking film. The paint looks like crap too, but the film is different so stands out a bit more.

My wife's car came with a Clear Bra, how do you get the cloudy/hazy look out of it? I'm tempted just to pull it off.

Like Chad says, you can't get the haziness/dulling out of a clear film. I'd suggest removing it, and a good polish (find a detailing enthusiast) will even out the paint difference between what was covered vs. what wasn't.

Chad's guy is doing my tint tomorrow. :)

I can send you his name and number if you don't already have it.

Great. Show some pictures... I got the phone number. Thanks though.

I have a guy that does amazing tint work. Best I have ever seen. He's done 5 of my cars... He doesn't do ClearBra, but I don't really recommend ClearBra anyways.

I'll second this. Shawn does remarkable work, I've never seen someone that's as anal as I am about the work that they do. He takes his time and doesn't rape you when it's time to pay.

Don't waste your time elsewhere.

Shawn's price was right and his work is top drawer. The front windows are legal and the everything from there back is a step, maybe 2, lighter than limo dark. Shawn said the tan interior would make the tint appear lighter; seeing it in the bright light of day momentarily made me think I should have gone with the limo tint in back.

I'm sure plenty of you will think I should have gone as dark as possible.

P1000032.thumb.JPG.ab71871148a1c4851e1a68996537346e.JPG

P1000033.thumb.jpg.5b4c898489be1044a430fe3972bb33a4.jpg

Shawn's price was right and his work is top drawer. The front windows are legal and the everything from there back is a step, maybe 2, lighter than limo dark. Shawn said the tan interior would make the tint appear lighter; seeing it in the bright light of day momentarily made me think I should have gone with the limo tint in back.

I'm sure plenty of you will think I should have gone as dark as possible.

Looks great. I used to have Limo black. It works great in summer time but is hard to see behind in the night.

Mine is 5% in back, but all of my cars have been for almost 10 years, so maybe I am just used to it, the only time I have a hard time is on really dark nights in really dark areas, but I also use my mirrors a lot..

• 1 month later...
My wife's car came with a Clear Bra, how do you get the cloudy/hazy look out of it? I'm tempted just to pull it off.

If you have a buffer and a water based rubbing compound, buff it, it'll make the clear bra look brand new. ;) Hopefully you haven't taken it off yet...

Archived