LegacyGT.com

How do I rotate tires on this car?

Did a search but couldn't find much. I've read conflicting information, from "don't rotate them ever" (what? lol) to "do whatever you want"

But then some have said to rotate left/right or front/back, or some sort of zig-zag...

help! :)

Asking of course since my RF tire wears about 3x faster than the rest

Asking of course since my RF tire wears about 3x faster than the rest
if this is true, then something is out of spec.

have you had it aligned?

has it been in an accident?

is something bent?

rotate the tires, it is a must.

regarding your question, the AWD system needs all 4 tires to be within 1/4 inch in circumference. so rotating the tires is a must. front to rear is a must. the front wear faster. put the tire with the most tread on the RF. i would assume this would be one of the rear tires, but check them.

you can get a tread depth gauge for a few dollars, so if you do it yourself you will get it right. or just have shop do it and have them check the wear.

Tire Rotation also depends on what kinds of tires you have. If you have directional tires, they will have an arrow with the word "rotation" on the sidewall to designate which way they need to face. Unless you plan on pulling them off the rims every time you rotate, the best you can do is a front-to-back swap, without crossing them. Sucks for me since I take entrance ramps fast, so my left tires are always slightly more worn, lol.

I don't care if you even have a "non-directional" tire (most tires are), once a tire has been rotating on the ground one way for mile after mile after mile, it does not like to be rotated the other way around. That can cause problems, especially on cheaper tires..

Archived