LegacyGT.com

BRZ AWD Option

JVranicar

I'm new to this board so this may have already been asked. But is there any chance Subaru has plans to offer an AWD version of the BRZ? The current RWD only option would be a big purchase barrier for me so I'm wondering if there are plans to add AWD soon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm new to this board so this may have already been asked. But is there any chance Subaru has plans to offer an AWD version of the BRZ? The current RWD only option would be a big purchase barrier for me so I'm wondering if there are plans to add AWD soon.

you are looking for the wrong car

BRZ doesn't need it. It needs to stay lightweight and RWD.

• I Donated
Now they just need to make STI versions of everything (yes, even the Legacy and Forester), and sell them in the US!!!

Not likely. Too expensive to federalize for not enough buyers. Subaru will stick with the profitable stuff.

out of curiosity, why does the car you drive have to be AWD?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• I Donated
Damn, you guys are brutal. But I appreciate the responses.

I've never even seen one of the BRZ's up close and I'm not a gearhead so this was obviously an ignorant question.

Time to move on to another topic.

Not trying to flame you, just the brz was built to be a lightweight, rwd car. Four (well two and two halves) door miata basically.

Archived