LegacyGT.com

gas ques. 87 & 91

i hav done prior research n got different answers. Maybe u guys can help me. Can u mix regular 87 octane n premium 91 octane ? I have ask a couple of mechanics and they have said its ok to mix those 2 grade. But i hav read online that if u do tha it will causes problem to the engine. So which is the proper answer ?!?! :redface: i ususally put only premium in my car but after the stom i had no choice but to put regular. I wanna go back to prem. But i dont know if i can mix the gas.

yes, i know, we all had to deal with the gas shortage.... so it sucks. but now we have gas again. fill it up with 93 asap and stay off the gas pedal until you're sure all the 87 is gone. there's no harm in mixing.

btw, learn to type english properly pleeeeeease!!

yes, i know, we all had to deal with the gas shortage.... so it sucks. but now we have gas again. fill it up with 93 asap and stay off the gas pedal until you're sure all the 87 is gone. there's no harm in mixing.

btw, learn to type english properly pleeeeeease!!

But that is how u shorten words. Is that a problem on the forums? ( serious ques. Im new)

Thank u for ur answer abt the gas mixing

Completed words and sentences should by typed out regardless of the situation, texting included. How lazy are you that you can't type two extra letters to form the word Y-O-U? This is not aimed solely at the original poster, but anyone who does this, it's annoying as hell.

/Rant

It's annoying as hell is what it is. Maybe if you're texting to your friend or something, fine, but you're on a forum. And if you're posting from your phone, too bad, you should type out the whole word anyway. ;)

Thank u ill make a note of that.

According to the manual, you can run 87 octane under emergency conditions only, and you need to make sure that you don't hard-rev/high-rev the engine while running the 87 octane. Switch back to 93 as soon as practical, i.e., the emergency is over, so you don't hurt your engine. Running 87 octane exposes the engine internals to a lot of knock and pre-ignition detonation, both of which can ruin your engine.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You'll be fine as long as you keep it out of boost and put 93 back in asap. Don't boost until you know you have mostly premium in the tank.

Also this a mainly an adult forum. We like to be treated as adults, which means complete sentences.

If you from a country where English is not your language we'll be OK with whatever you need to get your question out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You'll be fine as long as you keep it out of boost and put 93 back in asap. Don't boost until you know you have mostly premium in the tank.

Also this a mainly an adult forum. We like to be treated as adults, which means complete sentences.

If you from a country where English is not your language we'll be OK with whatever you need to get your question out.

Thank you I appreciate your answers. It is respective,helpful, and more understandable.

But that is how u shorten words. Is that a problem on the forums?

In general those that don't have enough respect for the community to spend a little TIME and EFFORT asking their questions, get responses along the lines of: why should the community put any more effort or time into answering their questions than they did? ;)

Archived