LegacyGT.com

Various Toggle Switch Lights

So the following switches have burned out their [orange] indicator lights and/or their [green] illumination lights:

- Heated Seats (both)

- Heated Wipers

- Cruise Control

- Rear Defroster

- Fog Lights

- Heated Mirrors

- Hazard Switch? (supposedly it lights up when activated)

Before I attempt to open one of them up, I was curious if anyone else had tried replacing the lights in them, if it was even possible. Thoughts anyone?

The link I posted has all the info. Each switch has two bulbs (not LEDs.) One for the symbol or label that glows when your lights are on, and one for the orange indicator that lights up when you activate the switch. I honestly couldn't do a better job of explaining it than the write-up that I posted up there - it's perfect. My local RadioShack had the bulbs (also listed in the write-up) so I just bought ten of them (ten bucks total) but now I'm thinking I might have to go get more because that's how many different switches are burned out, lol.

I was going to add a write-up about how to replace the bulbs for the switches on the upper dash just below the instrument cluster, since those are a bit different than the ones described in the above link, but I just found someone else's write-up, so to complete this thread, I am adding the link to THAT forum too:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/80-electrical-electronics/21446-wtf-light-bulb-seat-heater-switch.html

I've now replaced 12 bulbs in the car, and I still have to get to the heated mirror switch, and then see whether or not the hazard switch is supposed to be lighting up (flashing) when activated.

Archived