LegacyGT.com

[VIDEO] Big problem! Is it bad coils/plugs/sensor/injectors/gas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_D_PnVUzFw

Anyone know what's causing this problem? I'm waiting on a few parts (an ignition coil, 4 spark plugs and an air filter) but I'm not sure if those will solve it for sure. It wasn't anywhere near this bad before...At first I only noticed the car shaking like it was about to stall when I slowed down to around 5kmph to 10kmph but anything above that speed was fine. I stopped using the car for about 2 weeks while I was waiting on some parts to be shipped here (I'm in the Caribbean). I started the car again today and this is what's happening now.. it got a lot worse! Any ideas on how to begin solving this?

The CEL code is P0031 (Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)) but this code popped up ever since I replaced my stock intake with a K&N typhoon.

What do you guys think is the problem here, given the symptoms shown in the video? The last part of the video is showing that the car isnt revving past ~2000rpm even though I'm almost flooring the gas.

I forgot to mention that I did take the K&N intake off and put the OEM airbox back to try to narrow down the list of possible problems. The video is with the OEM filter installed, not the K&N. I also sprayed a bit of MAF cleaner on the MAF sensor after putting the OEM filter back on since I think the K&N might have deposited a light layer of oil / dirt onto the MAF sensor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_D_PnVUzFw

What do you guys think is the problem here, given the symptoms shown in the video? The last part of the video is showing that the car isnt revving past ~2000rpm even though I'm almost flooring the gas.

This sounds like the O2 sensor is dead. You can test the sensor on the car with an OHMs test, search YouTube for testing the O2 sensors. I've done it before and it's fairly easy to do.

Also, did you reset the ECU when taking out the K&N?

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived