LegacyGT.com

Fog lights on 2013 2.5i advice

fredrik94087

Fellas:

I have a base 2013 2.5i. I can buy the Subaru fog lights and have installed for a total of $535 BUT, and it is a big BUT, the switch will not be on the "turn signal" handle where the light switch is located. It will be a toggle switch installed elsewhere.

Has anyone had this done, and, if so, will you please post a picture.

And, if anyone has any suggestions for aftermarket fog lights for the 2013, I would love to know.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I looked at the 2.5i limited and the fog light switch is in fact on that "stalk" as you call it. I don't know what to call it.

The dealer said the switch for the 2.5i base will be a toggle that comes with the "Subaru" kit. They will not be running a wire through the steering column even though the "limited" is done that way.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

It just makes things convenient.

BOARD...my question still stands...

I have a base 2013 2.5i. I can buy the Subaru fog lights and have installed for a total of $535 BUT, and it is a big BUT, the switch will not be on the "turn signal" handle where the light switch is located. It will be a toggle switch installed elsewhere.

Has anyone had this done, and, if so, will you please post a picture.

And, if anyone has any suggestions for aftermarket fog lights for the 2013, I would love to know.

I too got the 2013 6MT base Legacy. I did order with the OEM fogs and the dealer installed it. The fogs button is beside, same area, the mirror switch. In fact they took the one on my car off and replaced it with another that has the fog buttons. Here is a link that looks the same as mine, http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2012.html It is the 4th picture down.

I too got the 2013 6MT base Legacy. I did order with the OEM fogs and the dealer installed it. The fogs button is beside, same area, the mirror switch. In fact they took the one on my car off and replaced it with another that has the fog buttons. Here is a link that looks the same as mine, http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2012.html It is the 4th picture down.

You are awesome, Sir. Thank you very much.

Cheers!

Recoil, the fog light kit you have may have been a dealer added option because, unless I'm going senile at 43, I looked at a 2013 on the showroom floor and confirmed that the fog light switch was on the turn signal "stalk".

But, then again, I may be going senile at 43. If I get a chance to stop at the dealer, I will take a pic and post it.

Cheers!

The fog light kit was not on the build sheet but its clean install could have fooled me. It is tied in to the fog light indicator lamp on the gauge board. I'm very pleased with the install and performance. I added pics to the gallery.

• 3 years later...
Does the kit come with wiring harness? I'm wondering if I buy the relay and factory fog light switch which is part of the mirror switch if I could just plug and play? Also if anyone has the instructions could they please post them up?

According to subarugenuineparts.com, "This kit comes with everything needed to install fog lights on your Legacy (harness, switch, relay, fog lenses, bulbs, ETC....)."

Installation how-to: http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18135-DIY-2013-2014-OEM-fog-light-Install

FWIW, I didn't disconnect the battery when I installed the kit on my 2010, figuring that unplugging and plugging OEM connectors is probably pretty safe.

I actually somehow found that thread by luck the other day and I have to say that it's spot on. The factory wiring in my 2013 legacy premium has all of it in place waiting. I bought the switch,relay and led universal driving lights for my car and will be installing in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post the before and after pictures of the install. Thank you for the help.

Archived