LegacyGT.com

Heater not getting hot???

Hello and thanks for reading this.

I have an 07 LGT and my heat only blows warm on the drivers side and cold on the pass, the car is at op temp. It's getting cold and I don't want to hear my wife's mouth about it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so is it an easy fix? Thanks again.:spin:

It sounds like the control head, "the thing you change temp and blower settings on"in the past I have seen that being the problem more than anything. Especially when it gets hot on one side and cold on the other. That to me points at the control head which is what sets the temp on each side.

It sounds like the control head, "the thing you change temp and blower settings on"in the past I have seen that being the problem more than anything. Especially when it gets hot on one side and cold on the other. That to me points at the control head which is what sets the temp on each side.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

I had a similar with an A4 I owned and it had to do with the thermastat for the climate control being stuck. You could change the temp all you wanted, and it would show on the display but the computer wasn't registering it.

if the car is cold atm go and check the coolant, you may be low and therefore the core isn't being filled. could be a simple fix by topping of your coolant. but then the question is where did the coolant go in the first place...

Picked it up today,they think it's a blockage.Heater core needs replaced Carchex won't pay because the core isn't faulty. They did flush the system and driver side is hot but not the pass side.They also wanted $900.00 for the H core replacement, I said Hell NO!!! I'll do it myself. This car is a pain in my ass.

Picked it up today,they think it's a blockage.Heater core needs replaced Carchex won't pay because the core isn't faulty. They did flush the system and driver side is hot but not the pass side.They also wanted $900.00 for the H core replacement, I said Hell NO!!! I'll do it myself. This car is a pain in my ass.

Flushing the "cooling system" won't help. You'll have to detach the coolant hoses from the heater core and flush/backflush just the heater core.

Archived