LegacyGT.com

mangled a spark plug

Was coming home from WBM today following an X5 M (damn they're quick) and picked up a nasty misfire on cyl 3. tried swapping the coil packs over and it stayed on 3 so I pulled the plug...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Max00racer/IMG956696.jpg

regapped the plug and put it back in and it runs fine. I'm going to replace all four tomorrow because a bit of the ceramic broke off the tip and there's no way i'm leaving it in there like that

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats what happened to my plug when i busted the top ringland of my piston. ran fine for a week after then deteriorated as more lands ended up breaking from the missing chunk of crown. you should borescope the cylinder to check. something hit your plug physically.

thats what happened to my plug when i busted the top ringland of my piston. ran fine for a week after then deteriorated as more lands ended up breaking from the missing chunk of crown. you should borescope the cylinder to check. something hit your plug physically.

:mad:

+1000:mad:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Were you able to keep up with the X5?

the x5 and I were a dead even match but I wad only on pump gas. Would have been all rear view mirror had i been on corn. And yes I will def get a scope in that cylinder before I replace the plug tonight.

I was very weary putting the plug back in but I had to make it to the ferry so I could get get home. Unfortunately nothing was open past six on a Sunday to source a new one

Crossing fingers OP did not get what happened to bmx. Hopefully..

And props to you if the X5 had a twin turbo V8 with 550 hp (that's what wiki says..). I wonder if you pushed too hard..

I really hope I didn't do the same damage as bmx I'll be really torn up. And holy hell I didn't know that is what those things are packing no wonder. And yea I was pushing her pretty hard. Yet then again I drove a good thousand miles this weekend pretty hard. Keep posted for pics from my buddies snap on scope later tonight and keep your fingers crossed for me

Why not whiskey? If I were dead even on pump gas and run another hundred crank horse on corn...

the X5 M weighs in at close to 5300lbs while i'm only at 3400. Some simple math can tell you that the crank power to weight ratio of the BMW is 9.55lbs per horse. While me on corn is about 7.55 and on pump gas is about 9.7 (almost a dead match) as I experienced on the highway.

But please do tell me why my comment is stupid or wrong maybe i'm missing something?

Lets put the street racing aspect aside.

Any statment that says if bla bla bla I would have won. you know if I was running 100oct I might have beat that guy. Its stupid plan and simple.

Well you werent so guess what...you didnt.

Ok I agree with you here and I hate CT for having literally no corn in the whole state.

For those of you who don't have it its seriously an addiction, the power gains are incredible.

And no bmx I was running pump gas on my pump gas map for almost a thousand miles up until I ran into that issue.

And lastly I know street racing is not condoned and there was no lining up or horn honks or diving through traffic. Was just following him and I knew when he was going WOT on nice clear straights of road

Archived