LegacyGT.com

The Proper HID Conversion

paintpollz

• Mega Users

I've been reading a lot of threads about this, being sick of burning out H7s. There are good reviews on kits, but it seems that there aren't very many complete install threads, but many half-assed installations. .My concerns.

1. Projectors - rx 330 the ones to get? Can you buy a complete projector housing kit somewhere so I don't have to jerry rig one? It seems like that in that rx330 thread, its tough to really tune the lighting all nice nice. A lot of people cheaped out and modified the stock housings. Pointless and half-assed IMO.

2. Wiring - I got a buddy who's HIDs turn on 50% of the time. So half-assed IMO. I know that the wiring for the standard headlights aren't meant to supply that kind of power for HIDs.Is there a thread somewhere that shows how to properly re-wire the headlights power supply to hold HIDs? Is there a kit for this?

3. Besides the HID kit itself, anything else I'm missing here? I've been trying to piece together info from different threads, it just seems so scattered and disorganized on this board.

I would put a complete install thread with pics and links together if this can be done properly.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users

My searching skills were off this morning. Just found the Morimoto Retro-Quik System (H1).

Any recent reviews from people who have had it for a number of years?

• Mega Users
look for my write up on the Morimoto H1

awesome retrofit for the $$

that thread is friggin sick. thats what I was gonna do if you hadn't already done it. If I burn thru ballasts, I'll just get new ones, they aren't that expensive compared to H7 bulbs i've been buying every 3 months

Archived