60' @ 2.27 sec

330' @ 6.14 sec

0-60 @ 5.748 sec

1/8 @ 9.354 sec @ 78.932mph

1000' @ 12.11 sec

1/4 14.639 sec @ 88.25mph

how accurate are these numbers????

temp was at about mid to upper 30's at 5 am

yes. it is a free spreadsheet that interpolates the data from your log. you can use it to calculate all kinds of cool things, including a dyno graph. it is just as accurate as a dyno as long as you put in the proper numbers for your car. HP is just a mathmatical equation based on torque. torque can be found using rpm, load, weight, wheel circumference, gear ratio, atmospheric conditions, elevation.

it is available on romraider. downloads as a zip file. just open it, instructions are page 1. need your logs saved in xml format. ap does this for you.

have fun.

You have more torque than my 68HTA on 91 gas.

He also has colder IAT's. A Stage 2 + FMIC here in Texas put down 260/311 on a Mustang dyno. His(the OP) numbers might be a little high but not too far off. Colder IAT's make a huge difference. The 1/4 mile trap is WAY off though. I was still trapping 96ish in 95* weather when I was Stage 2 with a stock TMIC, having to wait 20 mins in the lanes between runs.

OP- The AP's dyno is as accurate as you want it to be. If you throw something on and the AP shows you gained power, you probably did. Now how much...who really knows. But its sufficient if you are looking to compare against yourself, same location for the pulls. The only way to accurately compare numbers across the nation is to put the car on a Dynojet dyno as they are the only ones that read the same cross country.

Numbers are just numbers, trap times(real trap times) and dynojet numbers are the only way to really compare how fast a car really is and even then, a dyno is just a tool. Don't get caught up the whole "my car made X WHP and X WTQ", there are WAY too many variables.

If you were REALLY serious about comparing your car to others, head to your local tuner, throw it on his dyno and then compare to what other cars that have been on that same dyno made.

I know about the IAT. I moved from NYC to CA just 8 months ago. I have LOTS of cod temp logs on 93 (from NJ) in my 5EAT at stage 2.5. His numbers are not realistic. I too used my AP and got ridiculous numbers. His numbers are close, but something is wrong.

I agree the best thing to do is forget about the numbers. Head to the track (Englishtown?) and get a time slip. Who cares what a dyno says. How fast does it really go?

• 2 years later...
I entered the curb weight plus my own weight and this is what i got

258.70 WHP @ 4700rpm,

319.60 torque @ 3894rpms

60' @ 2.27 sec

330' @ 6.14 sec

0-60 @ 5.748 sec

1/8 @ 9.354 sec @ 78.932mph

1000' @ 12.11 sec

1/4 14.639 sec @ 88.25mph

how accurate are these numbers????

temp was at about mid to upper 30's at 5 am

This is an older thread (2010) and looks like you have a 2012 LGT these days.

Questions...

What year/model were these numbers gathered from?

Stock or mods?

Also, if you are in the '12 LGT...have you tried the Cobb AP Dyno test again? How did that turn out?

I have a stock 08 SpecB and I'm planning to try the Cobb AP Dyno test this weeked on Stage 0 then again on Stage 1 after a flash. I'll post up the findings afterwards.

This is an older thread (2010) and looks like you have a 2012 LGT these days.

Questions...

What year/model were these numbers gathered from? 2009 LGT limited

Stock or mods? 100% stock unless window tint slows the car down due to weight

Also, if you are in the '12 LGT...have you tried the Cobb AP Dyno test again? How did that turn out? I have not, i am considering having it unlocked and post it up for sale.

I have a stock 08 SpecB and I'm planning to try the Cobb AP Dyno test this weeked on Stage 0 then again on Stage 1 after a flash. I'll post up the findings afterwards.

Those numbers are not realistic.

You have more torque than my 68HTA on 91 gas.

A typical stage 2 car is 250hp/270tq.

Pull a log and use the airboy spreadsheet.

The AP "dyno" said my car, stock, made something like 370whp :lol:

My car, at stage 2, made 260whp and 337ft-lb :eek:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Bwahaha! :D

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 1 month later...

My car, at stage 2, made 260whp and 337ft-lb :eek:

Bwaaaahaaaahaaaapppffff!!!:lol::lol::lol:

maybe Cobb is trying to inspire self esteem within the LGT and its drivers?

My AP just told me i made 335whp and 454lbs @ 3800rpms with the stage 2 93 map... and ive only got a DP and CB Exhaust... i was excited until i read this thread... wtf:mad:

• 4 weeks later...
I did 3 runs today on flat ground in my Stage 1 91 +SF 05' LGT Base MT. 3rd gear Dyno pulls with the AP show ridiculous numbers. It is probably because the resolution isn't as good in a lower gear. It's attempting to do a lot of math to calculate these power numbers. When you look at a 3rd gear pull the numbers are all over the place. 4th gear number are considerably more accurate from what I can tell. I assume the AP is calculating flywheel HP because all my runs in 4th were between 277hp and 290hp Stage 1 91+SF which if you average out to 284hp is what cobb claims Stage 1 tunes give you(+14% = 285hp). (car has 60,000kms I live 100' above sea level and it is hovering around freezing today). I would say if you do a few runs in 4th from 2500-6250rpm and enter your vehicles weight +/- 50lbs and you should be =/-7hp. That would be my best guess. One run means nothing with Dynos as with science. It has to be repeatable, (which is what I tell my friend with a blown up EVO X).

Archived