LegacyGT.com

Question about sound????

Historically the 2.5i crowd has gotten bashed and flamed for their (our) tiny desire to hove our N/A Ej253s rumble much like our cousins, the LGT crowd. Now that subaru has went EL across the board with the legacy line up would it be "assclownish" "ricer" or "asshat-like (my fav :lol:) "ricer" if we see 2010 LGT owners wanting to mod for the boxer rumble???? I only ask b\c in the past we N/A guys were only in this boat but since we all are now im just curious Will the rumble die??? :eek: I hope not but if someone dares mention, over in GT land, " i want the rumble" I would like to see the reactions from the community.....

I guess I don't quite understand why it would be impossible/impractical to make a N/A Leggy rumble. It's not the turbo that makes the rumble, All the components that make the rumple are there, and in the same layout, the only difference is the exhaust... The car will just be missing the notable "Turbo" sound.

The turbo won't make or break the rumble. My 92 rumbles to the point I get comments about it when I take the muffler off.

the proper exhaust on a EL turbo setup will satisfy most if not all. EL setups arent automatically rice sounding.

on the contrary, slow cars making loud noises are rice.

yeah.... not many Subbie owners tho :cool:

I guess I don't quite understand why it would be impossible/impractical to make a N/A Leggy rumble. It's not the turbo that makes the rumble, All the components that make the rumple are there, and in the same layout, the only difference is the exhaust... The car will just be missing the notable "Turbo" sound.

The turbo won't make or break the rumble. My 92 rumbles to the point I get comments about it when I take the muffler off.

Never said anything about a turbo merely stated that the HEADER is now EL which eliminates the rumble.

to answer your question, the rumble will die. the 2010 LGT market is now so specific, since it only be bought by manual tras driving people who care most about performance. Assuming that the 2010 LGT EL setup is meant to feed a twinscroll turbo, i dount anyone will be donw grading to a single scroll turbo/UEL headder setup just for the rumble.

Afterall, UEL setups were most common in the USDM. JDM/EDM setups were mostly EL twinscroll setups so they never had the rumble to start with.

UEL setups in general are less efficant than EL setups anyays and most people will not sacrifice performance for sound, assuming EL setups sound bad, which they dont.

• 3 years later...

Archived