LegacyGT.com

AC Condenser Replacement

Hey guys,

Long story shirt, i poked a hole in my AC Condenser on my 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R. And i feel like a moron. BUT i already ordered a new one, it looks like it will fit, and i got new o-rings as well.

So my main question for you guys is....

Am i going to need specific tools? Am i getting in too far over my head? Is this going to be more then a wrench it off and wrench it on job?

I can handle most jobs, but i never did anything with AC units before. I didnt know if it had some special tools needed to hook things up. I know afterwords i need to get it charged up and get all the air out of the lines. But i am kind of in the dark else wise.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If it's already perforated, shouldn't be any oil bukkake shows.

No special tools. Bolt in, bolt out, replace O-rings as you go. Drier is built into it so one less thing to replace.

Need to pull a vacuum and charge to weight when refilling. You can do that with a manifold gauge set and a decent scale that's accurate to 1/2oz or so (bathroom scale probably wouldn't work but postal scale might) but odds are you don't have a vacuum pump laying around nor a manifold set so maybe just hire that out.

If you're super anal you can drain and measure the oil removed with the old condensor and replace that much plus a little bit for what blew out initially, or just shoot in a couple of ounces and run with it.

Archived