LegacyGT.com

5EAT or 5MT

What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)  

580 members have voted

1. 1. What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)

• GT 5EAT
    • GT 5MT
    • STi 5EAT
    • STi 5MT

As the title suggests, what do u own, what do u like and what do u prefer MT or EAT ? Would u change if you could ?

If you had a chance at the LibertySTi AUS-Spec would u go for 5EAT or 5MT? MT has STi short shifter.

Post up.

Ada///M.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the 5EAT in the LGT just for the fact that you dont HAVE to shift gears. I kinda got it for the reason of, if there is a fine lady in the car, I dont want to be required to take my hands off her to shift. Hence the luxury factor... As for the STi... 5MT all the way... your getting that car for sport factor.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I chose the MT because I prefer shifting myself. I might have chosen the 5EAT if I'd driven one. I rode in JessterCPA's 5 EAT and liked it a lot. Previously, my only Subaru turbo auto experience was a WRX wagon I test drove and was an absolute dog.

I got the 5EAT for traffic reasons and it is now proven that it is not really slower then the 5MT even with a great driver.

I pulled a 13.6 @97.3 with my 5EAT with simple stage II mods 1 cat (not high flow) stock exhaust.

another guy pulled a 13.4 with his 5EAT with a few more mods then me.

I don't think there are many stock turbo MT's that are posting better then that. Maybe 1 or 2. So the trannies are pretty equal.

MT would have been FUN but I jsut don't want to ride the clutch every single morning to work...... Oh well

I'm struggeling with what to choose when I buy a 3.0 spec B here. They come with either a 5 speed automatic or the Impreza STI 6 speed gearbox. I'm leaning towards the automatic due to 1. I'd like to try something new(I never owned a automatic) 2. In Stockholm there are always long queues and I'm fed up with using the clutch all the time

Peter

I got the 5eat for traffic reasons too. Sometimes I regret not getting the manual but when I'm sitting in nyc traffic, I remember why I got the auto. If this car was a second car & not my daily drive, no question I would've gotten the MT.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived