LegacyGT.com

Advice needed Seling Car Stock vs Modded

I need everyone's advice. I'm considering selling my 05 LGT wagon.

Should I try to sell it with the mods, nothing major!

Mod list:

Cobb Catted DP, Invidia UP, Perrin F&R sways with Rallitek endlinks, K&N panel filter, OS Stage 2 tune and Cobb AP' 18" Enkei RPF1 w/ Fuzion ZRi 225/40/18 w/< 500 mi ) All work done by a well respected installer on the New England forum.

or should I take every thing off (I have all stock parts) and go back to stock and sell the parts off separately.

Any experienced or good advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I would go back to stock and sell everything off. You won't get as much for it if you leave them on and non-enthusiast buyers are likely to be put off.

Thanks,

I was wondering if I should try w/mods for a while with a price in mind on this site and similar venues if no bites go back to stock and go with traditional used car sales methods. what do you think ?

well i guess it depends who wants to buy your car. a lazy person would buy it with all the mods but others like me would want it to be stock and modded myself. also i would want all oem parts if it came modded.

as surlyoldmanmn said modded cars have lower resale value cuz it doesnt have original parts and you dont know what the hell the owner did to the car.

Thanks,

I was wondering if I should try w/mods for a while with a price in mind on this site and similar venues if no bites go back to stock and go with traditional used car sales methods. what do you think ?

I would do that first. I assume it's a 5eat not a 5mt.

Does it have any valve body work ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I sold my last vehicle with mods for two reasons:

1: I was in a hurry to sell the car

2: I didn't have all of the stock parts and didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return my vehicle to stock .

I sold the car in no time to a VW enthusiast. I listed it on cars.com and Craigslist. The Craigslist ad was the one that sold the vehicle.

All those parts, including the wheels, are probably worth over $2000 on the used market. If you can go back to stock at no cost to you besides your time, then by all means do so and sell off the parts. You will probably have a tougher time finding a buyer for the modded car and getting a price premium for the parts on it.

IF you think you can find an enthusiast buyer, then by all means go for it. Your mods are normal, safe and desireable.

I would do that first. I assume it's a 5eat not a 5mt.

Does it have any valve body work ?

Yes it is a 5EAT, and had a Brand new short block and the heads resurfaced and valves re seated 14,000mi ago also oil pump,pick up, water pump, timing belt at the same time. just had all 4 coils and injectors done 1,000 mi ago. The car is running the best it ever has but with 128,000 and my daughter going away to college with it. I was thinking of selling it and giving her my 06 w/ only 50,000+ mi on it and getting a new Sti (the money I get will be part of my hopefully big down payment on the new car)

That's pretty much the back story.

Thanks again everyone

Archived