LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I did the same corner on the same ABP color wagon this weekend, but the POR-15 wouldn't harden after a full day and I needed to get it done for this morning so now it's just etch primer, high build primer, paint and clear. There were 5 tiny pin pricks of rust that I couldn't grind out without going through and I don't have the skills (or tools) to do a cut out like you did. I'm hoping this gets me through the winter without any bubbling and then I can have a shop do the cut and weld next year.

Yeah, a thing I learned about POR-15 is that it takes a looooooooooong time to cure. When I was doing the inside, I came back every other day to put on coats. What are you using for paint? I have some 33A paint in spraycans that I used to color-match my grille. I'm sure it's a decent match for this paint color when it was fresh, but the sun exposure definitely makes a difference.

Yeah, a thing I learned about POR-15 is that it takes a looooooooooong time to cure. When I was doing the inside, I came back every other day to put on coats. What are you using for paint? I have some 33A paint in spraycans that I used to color-match my grille. I'm sure it's a decent match for this paint color when it was fresh, but the sun exposure definitely makes a difference.

I couldn't get a can of 33A made up until this week so I used some off the shelf Dupli-color and 1K clear. I'm going to redo it this weekend with the 33A with 1K clear mixed in instead of separate 2K since the rust is coming through the panel and probably will bubble in the next 6 months regardless of what I do.

I had the paint mixed at a local supply shop and wet it looks pretty close, slightly darker, so we'll see how it looks when it's on and dry.

I have a carbon grill that I might spray with it as well, since the clear on it has failed. I'll have to sand that and see if I can get it smooth enough. Not looking good though as I think there are cracks through the resin all the way to the carbon.

Pull the intercooler and the pipe that goes to the throttle body. Get a long 1/4” extension with a ball end and a 12mm socket. Extension and socket go in the gap between the throttle body and the intake in the straightest line possible to reach the knock sensor bolt.. make sure you use a Subaru sensor, clean the surface and torque to spec.

I just had this problem……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it was the throttle body that was in the way. I could only find one bolt on it but that did nothing. So I dropped it off at the shop today. 1.5 hours and done.

I don't have any more quality ones. As soon as I get a hold of some others, I'll post them up.

Tehspud might have some.

I gotchu :fistbump: . Pleasure meeting you! Of course I took pics of everyone else's but my own [emoji23]

Guess I'll slide in a screenshot from Instagram of mine6a956cf877592f1b2b323f55ab541a41.jpg3203ad20c9787d2b96a7c6b7f9eac6af.jpg96cf2dccfe9544d86d3e188e33edfa67.jpg1572502d7b8aa1332f1988d144ba3e88.jpg84e1a3e2b761480317f7745024998cea.jpge251034b2d51f6ade10f7021c3abd0bc.jpg920fa2fd09fa029874d430e86b043a35.jpg0ebd7306837b1b5d3760501d30ee7c90.jpg9cf1c3923121aa0c3531b56a8c814876.jpg2e33068569e30b0d4c8491ed4ea572c7.jpg68c22ecc51e1171bb8197500d35cbc93.jpg5dbcb352495f4123ca9b350f9fcea8be.jpgdf4eb2f403ab9e8756dc44cdb9325264.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

BSM on black Enkei PX-10s = tehspud

SWP on gold Volk CE28NFs = kalien32

OBP 3.0R on JDM TbSTi wheels = ckwaters

RBP on mag blue TE37s = magnusonsubie

ABP on Enkei Raijins = ???? (he told me he was inactive. The car saw track time and his first name is Zack if it helps with instagram searches. Miata replaced LGT for track use)

SWP OBXT on Enkei GT01RRs = ????

DGM (1/50) on factory 7-spokes = ????

Purple-wrapped on red-faced Super Star Leon Hardiritt Orden SDISK wheels = ???? (IG: offtopic_tiddy)

MILKRUN  - Click Here

ABP on Enkei Raijins = ???? (he told me he was inactive. The car saw track time and his first name is Zack if it helps with instagram searches. Miata replaced LGT for track use)

Purple-wrapped on red-faced Super Star Leon Hardiritt Orden SDISK wheels = ???? (IG: offtopic_tiddy)

miata replaced lgt for track days. a weekend tracking an lgt pays for a year in a miata :spin:

Uhhh yeah... those are totally Enkeis on my car. *waves hand* Pay no attention to the center caps.

miata replaced lgt for track days. a weekend tracking an lgt pays for a year in a miata :spin:

Max (LALGT) said the same thing. He was AMAZED that brake rotors were $13 for the Miata and that an entire engine and trans set up was under $700. He ended up with several Miatas as the LGT sat. AFAIK all the Miatas are gone now. But he LOVED racing them even if they were not as "Manly" as larger displacement vehicles.

You can drive the ever loving snot out of a Miata. A decent driver can take a much faster/more powerful car with a Miata on a big track. I used to joke with Max that he did not need an accelerator pedal, just a toggle switch.:lol:

Max (LALGT) said the same thing. He was AMAZED that brake rotors were $13 for the Miata and that an entire engine and trans set up was under $700. He ended up with several Miatas as the LGT sat. AFAIK all the Miatas are gone now. But he LOVED racing them even if they were not as "Manly" as larger displacement vehicles.

You can drive the ever loving snot out of a Miata. A decent driver can take a much faster/more powerful car with a Miata on a big track. I used to joke with Max that he did not need an accelerator pedal, just a toggle switch.:lol:

Does he still have the Spider Pig?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I remember tele-coaching Max on how to improve his track times with Spiderpig. When I bot my miata, he poo-poo-ed the idea of it being better than the lgt.

A fast driver in a spec miata is usually the fastest car on the track. Especially at a hpde. 12 Porsche GT3 RS on track and 1 Miata. Only one car got black flagged. F'kers.

I have really been neglecting the car lately I'll probably post more on that later.

Picked up some replacement axles, whiteline swaybar bushings, and a new Grimspeed STI-Style Tmic Turbo Outlet Hose to pair with the blouch 2.5xtr w/10cm housing that I recently bought.

Maintenance stuff will happen this weekend or next.....but turbo upgrade will probably happen in early spring since I'm now on the fence on if I should get a header. Looking at killer B, 1320, tomel, or a custom one

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I have really been neglecting the car lately I'll probably post more on that later.

Picked up some replacement axles, whiteline swaybar bushings, and a new Grimspeed STI-Style Tmic Turbo Outlet Hose to pair with the blouch 2.5xtr w/10cm housing that I recently bought.

Maintenance stuff will happen this weekend or next.....but turbo upgrade will probably happen in early spring since I'm now on the fence on if I should get a header. Looking at killer B, 1320, tomel, or a custom one

liller B with swaintech coating is pretty much the apex system.

Reset CEL before going to autox tomorrow. Will take my code reader with me in case stoooopid P0442 decides to come on on the field.

On autox topic: huge thanks to whoever recommended Falken Azenis RT660 here few months back. I could not get them to chirp more then once and I did bring some good times. These tires are great!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Reset CEL before going to autox tomorrow. Will take my code reader with me in case stoooopid P0442 decides to come on on the field.

On autox topic: huge thanks to whoever recommended Falken Azenis RT660 here few months back. I could not get them to chirp more then once and I did bring some good times. These tires are great!

video of runs?

sold the processwest intercooler destined for the race wagon. Enough procrastination, time for everything to find a new home.
Many thanks by the way, I was losing sleep feeling like I was going to be underwhelmed with all my intercooler given all the money I threw at fueling

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My car went under the knife yesterday.

Sti rack and knuckle are in. Spec b front LCA are on. Rear spec b parts and new wheel bearings will be done today. Tires and alignment tomorrow morning. I’m pumped.

I outsourced this work to a shop for the first time in a long time and I’m happy I did. They had to fight some of the rear hardware, which was original and never touched I during my 12 years of ownership.

Turbo, downpipe, fueling , struts even I'll tackle, doing 20 year old heavy suspension work on the other hand just isn't worth the trouble I just take it to the boys with the tools and a lift ....good choice

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

012b29858603a426a6c2f67e647c21bf.jpg

Waiting for a new lower bolt.. kinda snapped that in half, but specB fronts on today to match the rears I did earlier this week.

Edit: had to get the bolt from a dealership 50 miles south, but I have a friend who drives Uber… sooooo… [emoji51][emoji1787][emoji1787]

All in all, relatively painless. Feels tighter. Needs a touch-up on the alignment, then on to the next issue… this past Tuesday I welded the basketball-sized hole in the trunk shut with old computer cases for filler metal.

Need to figure out muffler mount for the right muffler since that rotted off… spark plugs… some other odds and ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by evil03mustang

Got the car back yesterday. Took it for a good drive this morning. Something isn’t right. I get a pretty bad steering wheel shake when the suspension unloads after moderate acceleration. There is also an odd feeling when the steering rack transitions from side to side when the wheel is centered. Maybe some air trapped somewhere in PS system?

No vibration at all until it starts to shake. The car tracks straight.

Otherwise….WOW. The weight reduction was pretty significant at 6lbs per tire plus the aluminum bits and it is noticeable under all conditions. Acceleration, braking, handling, ride quality, and tire noise are all improved.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder