LegacyGT.com

2011 2.5i brake light flashing, AT oil temp flashing, traction control light on and c

My wife was driving home this evening in our 2011 2.5i and after she began driving lights began to flash on the dash which were brake lights, AT temp light, traction control light steady on and check engine light steady on. She drove the car home fine which is a 30 mile trip.

I scanned the codes and read P2762 and P0700.

It seems as it has something to do with the TCU or converter pressure solenoid circuit.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

The car is at 85k. No warranty left.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's a bunch of threads over on the outback forums about these codes, such as :

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/264530-p2762-p2764-torque-converter-clutch-pressure-control-solenoid-control-circuit.html#/topics/264530?page=1

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/14fxt-cel-code-p0700-p2763-p2762-695026/#/topics/695026?page=3

Everyone seems to be getting the valve body replaced.

I think there was a warranty extention to100,000 miles for the CVT in some Subaru models.

It actually looks like contamination will cause issues with the lock up circuit if you refer to this pdf:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/SB-10067064-3639.pdf

Edited by moral hazard

lights began to flash on the dash which were brake lights, AT temp light, traction control light steady on and check engine light steady on.

The trouble codes are what diagnoses this issue. The above lights with the check engine is just to get your attention that you have a check engine light.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a link to the CVT warranty extension letter:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5652552&postcount=445

I never received this letter. The car is at the dealership now getting checked and the dealership confirmed no warranty on the car and doesn't know of any extended warranty for this problem. I'm so freaking glad I have a second car so my wife can have a car to drive to work. I will never buy a Subaru ever again. I know I will have a huge headache dealing with this.

I understand your frustration. However, Subaru of America (SOA) acknowledged a problem with the CVTs and provided an extended warranty. Honda did the same for their automatic transmissions in the early 2000s, my wife’s Accord had the tranny replaced twice under warranty in the first 80k miles.

Call SOA (1-800-782-2783) if the dealer gives you any problems or find a better dealer. SOA will also provide goodwill assistance towards unreasonable mechanical failures if you ask nicely.

https://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html

I understand your frustration. However, Subaru of America (SOA) acknowledged a problem with the CVTs and provided an extended warranty. Honda did the same for their automatic transmissions in the early 2000s, my wife’s Accord had the tranny replaced twice under warranty in the first 80k miles.

Call SOA (1-800-782-2783) if the dealer gives you any problems or find a better dealer. SOA will also provide goodwill assistance towards unreasonable mechanical failures if you ask nicely.

https://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html

Yeah first the dealership said the fluid was bad so they would go ahead and change it plus perform a relearn on the transmission to see if it corrects the issue. Obviously it didn't. Now the Dealership is saying they are going to contact Subaru on Monday to inquire about the valve body repair. So hopefully everything goes well with that.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting that the dealership initially claimed to not know of any warranty extension, how convenient for them...
Yeah they said that when I first brought the car in. I did bring it up to them obviously. To be honest with you once they looked into the issue the service department did a 180° attitude change. I'm pleased with the outcome. I think it helps to understand what could possibly be the issue when taking your car to the dealership. In the end the dealership gets paid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I just had this issue happen to me, however the CEL, Brake, cruise control and traction control lights would flash if I would idle for > 3 mins. After a few restarts the light would go away, but come back If i would idle again, but never after driving.

Turns out it was a crack in the exhaust header, near the upstream 02 sensor.

Bought the part, and went to a custom exhaust shop to put it on. I replace the o2 sensors as well since i bought the car at 79K and now have 110K.

now its running fine with no lights.

Hey there,

I just had this issue happen to me, however the CEL, Brake, cruise control and traction control lights would flash if I would idle for > 3 mins. After a few restarts the light would go away, but come back If i would idle again, but never after driving.

Turns out it was a crack in the exhaust header, near the upstream 02 sensor.

Bought the part, and went to a custom exhaust shop to put it on. I replace the o2 sensors as well since i bought the car at 79K and now have 110K.

now its running fine with no lights.

Did you scan your codes that came in?

I did before I brought it to the dealership. be9f953b5dcefbb315cc27d844ba0d82.jpg

Did you scan your codes that came in?

I didn't scan the codes. I just brought the car to the dealer since I had an oil change and tire rotation coming up anyways. They, to no surprise, quoted me $2100 for a new exhaust system. I have made friends with one of the sales guys there so he told me to check out the exhaust shop, which is where he got his custom exhaust done for his WRX. He said they might be able to weld the crack and fix the problem.

Exhaust shop got the car up on the lift and confirmed that the header was cracked at the upstream 02 sensor and also found another crack at the flex piping coming over from the drivers side. He put a piece of plastic tubing up to the manifold with the car running on the lift and let me listen. You could hear exhaust seeping out with every pulse.

He said that they could weld the piece, but recommended that I just buy the part on rock auto for them to install. that way if the cat was fried, I wasn't spending money on pointless welding.

Truly great guys and I would highly recommend taking a car to them for any emissions / exhaust work if anyone is in the DC / Baltimore Area.

Tony's Custom Exhaust 550 Crain Hwy N, Glen Burnie, MD 21061