LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

just grabbed an OEM rear spoiler from a wrecked car on ebay. right color and they accepted my low as heck offer, so i'll take it. been wanting to add a spoiler since i got the car over 3 years ago, happy to have finally pulled the trigger.

That's exactly what I did. Grabbed mine from a junker in the same color cheap as hell. The OEM lip spoiler really does make such a positive difference to the tail end of the car. If you're not bothered by not having the spoiler light connected, don't even bother drilling, just tuck the plug up in the light, dremmel off the bolts, throw some 3M VHB on it and slap it on like I did. Hold strong as heck and easy as pie without ruining your trunk lid.

gv21VFf.jpg

InTiGNf.jpg

YqmQj4d.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

yeah, i love the subtleness of it, sets it off just right without being shouty or in your face. i'm 90/10 on taping vs drilling, good to see that it's held strong for you. i've got some weak clear coat on the deck lid which is giving me second thoughts, but even if i damage the clear coat that's a whole lot better than having the 13!!! holes drilled in the trunk that subaru recommends.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up today...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRILLCRAFT-SUB1733B-Black-MX-Grille-Upper-Insert-for-10-12-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan/400903433002?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It will look better and hopefully open the air flow a tad to my AWIC heat exchanger.

Just beginning to get a bit warmer around here and it's starting to give me the itch to get the ole GT out of hibernation!

Just picked this up today...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRILLCRAFT-SUB1733B-Black-MX-Grille-Upper-Insert-for-10-12-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan/400903433002?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It will look better and hopefully open the air flow a tad to my AWIC heat exchanger.

Just beginning to get a bit warmer around here and it's starting to give me the itch to get the ole GT out of hibernation!

You didn't get the lower one to match it? You gotta match bro! and deflect those pebbles and bugs

You didn't get the lower one to match it? You gotta match bro! and deflect those pebbles and bugs

Haha, I couldn't decide and ended up getting the upper grill and some black mesh for the bottom. Trynna save some money, but will probably end up losing money by getting the lower later for more $$...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Costco today for a hearing test (Fun getting old!!) I didn't think to mention to Scooby Too that I figured the OEM battery was on it's last legs.....she went and sat in the car with the stereo, heater and heated seats going......I got back 35 min. later and the battery was stone dead. Went into the store to buy a new battery....for some reason Costco here does not carry any batteries that are for or compatible with a 5th Gen Legacy :(

Called a friend who came down and gave me a jump start and got us going. Then we drove to Lordco and bought a new battery...since my car is a 2013 and hers is a 2012 I bit the bullet and bought 2 new batteries ....Now we are set for another 6-7 years...I hope!!

Not a fun day!!

Placed a down payment on a new set of wheels and tires recently. Downsizing from my 19's for clearance, weight, tire prices, a touch more low, and widening a bit and poke out a bit further for better fitment and grip. They're on a nationwide back order, hoping they arrive towards the tail end of April.

Also photoshopped a picture (poorly) just to get an idea. I'm really excited. :)

7fOC0Td.jpg

1HIOLeb.jpg

22.95 lbs per wheel. pretty good improvement from the 31 lbs per wheel I'm currently on.

Much better. I Googled that wheel after seeing your post. Looks pretty good and will probably take potholes better than the 19's.

Just got Superbrightleds all around inside and outside including fogs and lowbeams. Excited to see the difference. Also after seeing Humble's fogs I ordered a set of yellow vinyl overlays. Never worked with the stuff so we'll see much I mess this up. And how one layer of the JDMFV vinyls look.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I offered my old black genuine bezels in Falcor's thread, maybe you need it?

appreciate it but nah, the lenses are pretty jacked--looks like someone dropped some chemical on them in a couple spots at some point and ruined the plastic, so replacement would be the way.

let us know how those headlights are, i keep thinking of picking up a set to refresh the pitted and yellowed stock chromies i've got but can't decide if i want to pull the trigger
I installed the lights, fit like a glove.

I'll upload some pick later in the "what did you do ..." thread. Still working on a few things under the car. Can't get the damn pin out for the SSA. PITA

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I installed the lights, fit like a glove.

I'll upload some pick later in the "what did you do ..." thread. Still working on a few things under the car. Can't get the damn pin out for the SSA. PITA

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I ended up going to Harbor Freight and picked up a set of punches. One is just the right size. I did end up pulling the crossmember off to gain access. Some were able to do it without though.