LegacyGT.com

Horn issues... help!

Horn stopped working. Depressed horn. No sound at all. Checked fuse box under hood. One 7.5 amp fuse was blown for Horn Cntr. Now makes a barely audible but faint horn noise when depressed.

Changed Horn Relay. Still does not work. Horn sounds muffled like under pillows and faint.

980150b4160b4641904156f0a5656bee.gif

Any advice welcomed...supposed to go on a trip soon need advice for dad of 3 on a budget..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the high and or low horns are going or have gone bad. They are pretty easy to replace... they are the first two options on the page in the link below.

https://parts.wildesubaru.com/productSearch.aspx?ukey_make=5806&ukey_model=89998&modelYear=2011&ukey_driveline=53362&ukey_trimlevel=110403&searchTerm=horn

check that your grounds on the horns are good. after that you've ruled out the horn switch it self, the relay, and the fuses so the only thing left is the horn itself. if you are really trying to save some dough amazon has plenty of cheap and less cheap options. these hellas are slightly less expensive than the stockers https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-011225802-Black-77mm-Universal/dp/B01C8F0AUY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=car+horn&qid=1560895388&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I live in NJ and the weather is crazy hot 100 degrees in summer and cold -15 in winter. Also it rained a bunch here too..water damage on Hella Supertones? Only lasted 2 yrs... smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... did you mount them in the grill