LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

Last question

Turn signal, what wire did you wire to which cable on the oem harness

I'll have to take a look. I just wired the turn signal up to one pair (red or blue plus one black) and tried the turn signal.

WRX USA those side things (half lips?) on the front bumper, would they match up to the USDM bumper?

The OEM lip skirts won't fit the USDM bumper without significant modification, because of the difference in shape of the two bumpers. I think I've had them for about a year and a half now and they were part of the reason I wanted a JDM front end.

Edited by WRX USA

You should provide a side picture of the front of your car. This way, we will be able to see how much the 'nose' got shortened.

In my picture thread there is a picture of my wagon with USDM bumper and Kalien32's wagon with JDM front and rear bumpers back to back and it is super obvious the difference in length between the Prefacelift bumpers. We also decided that the JDM bumper is taller than the USDM so it appears lower in the front.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

My guess when all said and done must be close to 5k...

Easily $5K, and probably closer to $6K. I need to go through all of my receipts and add it up. I also ended up buying parts that I can't use (like the beam for an A-C swap) and duplicates of parts (headlights and grilles). If I did it again, I would start with one of the JDM front clips that are on eBay since you can get a lot of the wiring and brackets that you need

Edited by WRX USA

Damn WRX I've spent $1300 on mine to date. Including the vinyl wrap I'm doing its gonna be $1800.

I was very fortunate to find the grill, bumper, headlight brackets, lip, beam, foam here in the US for $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you got a hell of a deal! It was kind of like my SpecB 6MT driveline/steering rack swap that cost me $3K fully professionally installed, a deal that no one else should expect to find.

Figure in that I also got mine professionally painted satin white pearl (3 stage), the body shop did the panel swap, and I have all of the plumbing for the washer headlights plus another set of headlights (non washer), an authentic S402 grille and two other OEM JDM grilles.

Edited by WRX USA

and I have all of the plumbing for the washer headlights plus another set of headlights (non washer), an authentic S402 grille and two other OEM JDM grilles.

ooooh, so you have another set of headlights, and a S402 grille huh? Would love those on my white wagon :wub: